Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Witch is a better buggy all around ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Witch is a better buggy all around ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 12:59 PM
PeeBeMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Witch is a better buggy all around ?

I'm looking for a better buggy, so witch 1 would you pick? My choices are between the: <Ofna hyper 7> <Ofna ultra mbx with .26 motor> <-& the Ofna hyper 9>
Old 05-17-2009, 07:43 PM
rodman

Default RE: Witch is a better buggy all around ?

I don't know about the MBX but the Hyper 7 was a great buggy. It's3 generations old right now and you should be able to find a great one on thecheap... used or new. Depending on what you want to do with the buggy, theHyper 9 is the newest version of the Hyper line and all reviewsthat I've read are that it's a great buggy which is very stable to drive. Apples and orangesto compare these two....If you want the new hopped up buggy, the 9 is for you.If you're trying to get into a great buggy for cheap, look for a 7. Sorry thta I can't speak to the MBX.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:26 PM
N-4-Speeed

H7 for bashing H9 for racing.  Both are great.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:55 AM
we go hard in jersey
My Feedback: (1)

sure the 9 is great an i have one.but if you dont have existing parts ie servos,motors ie a .21 and a radio set up as well as some other heres an theres its gonna cost you 1000$. 450 kit 225 motor 200 servos just with that your at 825$ an you have no radio.and no way to start it .there is no rtr form.and if you have no expirence building a buggy this is not for you as the brake throttle situation will destroy you. the 7 is old news. mbx is old as well.why dont you try the 8 ,8.5 rtr.good all around.if not that the ofna /picco buggy has 16mm shocks and a good picco .21.this is no question the way for you.