Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Which One

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 07:21 PM
.vr6Love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which One

Hey im new to nitro RC's and ive been trying to read up lately, since ive been thinking about buying one so i can drive it with my buddy. Heres the thing ive been reading up and been hearing good things, and alot of people suggestion either the Hyper TQ black or the Cen Matrix R2 as first buggies. My buddy spent upwards of 500$ on his (neither of the 2 previously mentionned)and i was trying not to spend that much since im not gonna to race or anything, Just fool around with some friends.

Now my questions are:

-Arethose the 2 best buggies to get for starters? Ive seen some for ~300$. Which even that i find expensive for just fooling around.
-Should i stay in 1/8 or would 1/10 do just fine?
- If 1/10 would be fine, what do you guys think of the Redcat Tornado BB? I read a couple of good reviews, and you cant beat the price

Sorry for the newb questions, ive been tyring to read up.

EDIT::Or even the Cen Talon NX.. ive seen some good prices. But dont know if its good for me.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:30 PM
N-4-Speeed

Default RE: Which One

I've only had Ofna buggies but they've always performed wonderfully for me.  1/8 are MUCH more durable than 1/10 and can go over larger bumps and rouger terrain.  1/10 can have plenty of speed though.  You'll have to make that decision.  I've never driven the CEN or redcat.  The Ofna Ravager is sweet for bashing, I had one before my Hyper 8 Pro and it held up well and went fast.  I think I got it for $300 ish. 
Old 05-17-2009, 09:36 PM
.vr6Love

ya i think ill be goin for the 1/8th. I just gotta find some more affordable kits. Does any1 know of any ?
Old 05-17-2009, 10:12 PM
kojak61

Check out the Hotbodies D8. Kit is 340 on amain before discount codes.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:22 AM
.vr6Love

So i've been lookin around and what do you guys think of either the:

- 1/8th Exceed Madfire Buggy

Or

- 1/8th Exceed Razor Buggy ?

and thanx kojak61 ill look into that one

Old 05-18-2009, 08:53 AM
kojak61

I have never heard of those. Make sure you can get parts for it. Hyper 7 black rtr is 299. It has tons of parts support.

ORIGINAL: .vr6Love

So i've been lookin around and what do you guys think of either the:

- 1/8th Exceed Madfire Buggy

Or

- 1/8th Exceed Razor Buggy ?

and thanx kojak61 ill look into that one

Old 05-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Chris_RC

+1 for the Hyper. With those Exceed buggies, they have horrible customer support, and their products are cheaply made.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:39 AM
cobra26

+2 for the Ofna Hyper 7 in either the Hyper7 - Black, or the Hyper 7 - Picco. The Hyper 7 is an outstanding buggy for the money, has lots of parts support, delivers real value, and is very durable.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:07 PM
FASTLOUD

I suggest you look into the Ofna Picco Buggy. It has big bore shocks, good picco motor, lots of parts. your gonna hear guys say its an old design, but so is the hyper 7. Either will be a great buggy, but w/ big bore shocks, and a better motor i would say get the Picco

Old 05-18-2009, 07:17 PM
clifton421

The Hyper 7 TQ Black comes with big bore shocks too.  The Ofna Picco buggy has an easier to tune engine, but as your first nitro buggy you will probably want help breaking it in and tuning it so that shouldn't be too big of a deal.  You can't go wrong with the Hyper 7 or Picco buggy if you are just bashing, but if you are considering racing in the future I would lean towards the Hyper 7 TQ Black.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:59 PM
bigdaveindubai

why not save your money a bit longer and get what you really want instead of buying on a budget?
Old 05-18-2009, 11:11 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: bigdaveindubai

why not save your money a bit longer and get what you really want instead of buying on a budget?
X2...budget cars suck and normally give you a small taste of what REALRc car's are like and Might even put a sour note onto the whole thing which might turn you away from the REALDEALRCgear.......save up and buy something that will last more then 10-15 min of abuse and something you can actually buy parts for locally...when your New there's NOTHINGworse then having to wait a week to run again cuz you had something break.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:30 PM
.vr6Love

ORIGINAL: bigdaveindubai

Its cuz i dont really know what i want.. i just want something to fool around with. Im not gonna get serious with the RC thing. Just something to pass the time on the weekends with my buddys.