Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

good 1/8th scale buggy for towing another RC car

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

good 1/8th scale buggy for towing another RC car

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Lumpkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good 1/8th scale buggy for towing another RC car

My cousins and I want to do a crashing/racing "train" type thing with RC cars. You may have seen it on TV. They have a running vehicle with a roller vehicle tied behind it. They drive around an oval track and slam into each other as they try and race. I want to do this with a 1/8<sup>th</sup> scale buggy towing a 1/10<sup>th</sup> scale roller behind it. I already have the roller to tow behind (my firestorm). I would like to know what would be a good buggy for this. Decent speed and power as well as a strong drive train to handle the towing.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Lumpkin

Default RE: good 1/8th scale buggy for towing another RC car

i seen that on speed channel before with school buses and motor homesa group of crazy rednecks on oval track going nowhere
Old 08-24-2009, 11:12 AM
redlined_b16a

Ofna LXone,its powerful and cheap,tough as nails too.Personally Id go with a Hyper 7 TQ or the PBS but being it will probbly get damaged,go the cheaper option
Old 08-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Lumpkin

ORIGINAL: blumpkin

i seen that on speed channel before with school buses and motor homesa group of crazy rednecks on oval track going nowhere
wow, that's interesting

exactly how does that answer my question?
Old 08-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Lumpkin

ORIGINAL: redlined_b16a

Ofna LXone,its powerful and cheap,tough as nails too.Personally Id go with a Hyper 7 TQ or the PBS but being it will probbly get damaged,go the cheaper option
I would like to get something halfway decent. The LX 1 looks to be bottom of the barrel. Is it as strong as the hyper 7? I would guess not since it's not as expensive. It does look like it would be more powerful because it has a 28 engine and the hyper 7 has a smaller 21 engine.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:51 AM
paul_TAB4

+1 on the LXone. sounds like fun. I hope to see some pics! LOL.[sm=lol.gif]
Old 08-24-2009, 12:21 PM
dittch
Banned

ORIGINAL: theRCreverend

wow, that's interesting

Continuing with your abrasive attitude huh? It was so bad last time your thread disappeared. My guess is it was deleted by the moderators.

quit being so quick to jump all over people you grumpy little baby.

BTW, you're probably going to overheat the motor in your buggy if you go towing around a vehicle with it
Old 08-24-2009, 01:44 PM
richardcranium

Have you considered a truggy instead? I would recommend the Mammoth ST. Lots of power and pretty tough. The Mutilator is pretty good too. Plenty of power in that one. I would go that route over a buggy just because I think they would be a little more stable. Curious, will the FIrestorm have any control at all? I think in the racing you are describing the front car has gas and steering and the back car has brakes. Whatever you decide please post pics.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Lumpkin

ORIGINAL: RcMaN in SoCal

Have you considered a truggy instead? I would recommend the Mammoth ST. Lots of power and pretty tough. The Mutilator is pretty good too. Plenty of power in that one. I would go that route over a buggy just because I think they would be a little more stable. Curious, will the FIrestorm have any control at all? I think in the racing you are describing the front car has gas and steering and the back car has brakes. Whatever you decide please post pics.
No I haven't considered a truggy, I want a buggy. They're lower to the ground and have less suspension travel, more ideal for my plan.The buggy will have full control, but maybe it would be neat to have steering hooked up in the rear vehicle and have another person operate that with another radio. They could steer it to keep someone from passing.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Lumpkin

ORIGINAL: dittch

wow, that's interesting

Continuing with your abrasive attitude huh? It was so bad last time your thread disappeared. My guess is it was deleted by the moderators.

BTW, you're probably going to overheat the motor in your buggy if you go towing around a vehicle with it
you need to **** off

My other thread was deleted because stupid people reply with useless **** that doesn't have anything to do with the subject. You were one of them so kiss my ass.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:44 PM
redlined_b16a

The ofna Picco buggy is the bottom of the barrel,The LXone has the same suspension as the Jammin X1CR,If im not mistaken it also comes with the Ofna Force .28,I used that engine in my Jammin X1CR,that thing has a mean low end,wicked power in the low-mid range.I highly recommend The Ofna .28,Hypers are lighter than the LX1 but not by much,I bash alot and the hyper does great but It does suffer from mild chassis flex,my friends LX one seems stiffer,possible a better basher,As for a 1st buggy,I wouldnt recommend the Hyper 7PBS,the MacStar .28 is a little harder to tune than the Ofna engines,Plus the Pivot ball suspension needs alot to keep it clean,But its all part of the game.I think the Ultra Comp MBX has a 2speed tranny with a .32
check out ofna's site.Tower Hobbies has really low prices
Old 08-24-2009, 03:48 PM
ace9213

if your going to beat the hell out of it. get the hyper 7 tq. tough as nails.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:31 PM
richardcranium

No I haven't considered a truggy, I want a buggy. They're lower to the ground and have less suspension travel, more ideal for my plan.The buggy will have full control, but maybe it would be neat to have steering hooked up in the rear vehicle and have another person operate that with another radio. They could steer it to keep someone from passing.

That would be the idea. Also I have seen this kind of race done on a figure 8. You should try that.
Istill think a truggy would work better. IMO that is.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:21 PM
bjonaiti
Banned

ORIGINAL: dittch

wow, that's interesting

you need to **** off

My other thread was deleted because stupid people reply with useless **** that doesn't have anything to do with the subject. You were one of them so kiss my ass.
Your monkey mouth ass just needs to go ahead and break bread! Your mamma probably look like Bobby Brown, with your broke ass.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Lumpkin

ORIGINAL: bjonaiti

Your monkey mouth ass just needs to go ahead and break bread! Your mamma probably look like Bobby Brown, with your broke ass.

See, this is the bull**** I'm taking about. Mother****ers like you have nothing better to do than dump a bunch of **** in my thread.

Bobby Brown? Your mom looks like theoffspring of a monkey dog ****ing a goat, with a splash of Al Roker with the bug eyes and chubby cheeks....not to mention her bubble-gum ass

I'm asking about a 1/8th scale buggy. How hard is that. Just how many idiots are there on this forum?
Old 08-24-2009, 08:16 PM
unableelephant

if this forum is so full of idiots why would u want advice from them...how bout u just leave the forum and get ur answers elsewhere
Old 08-24-2009, 08:24 PM
bjonaiti
Banned

ORIGINAL: unableelephant

if this forum is so full of idiots why would u want advice from them...how bout u just leave the forum and get ur answers elsewhere
Get split now and gas up. C'mon down and we'll show you what bashing is all about. I'll keep an eye out for the ***** in the raggety robe, with the pink slippers.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Lumpkin

Hey jackass, learn how to read. I didn’t say “this forum is so full of idiots”. I asked the question “how many idiots are on this forum?”. There are a ton of members here, many of whom, unlike you based on your worthless post, have some good information to offer. I will admit I am a bit surprised at the number of **** heads I’ve encountered here in such a short amount of time, but I don't believe they are the majority.

Damn, another useless post. Hope you feel good about contributing to nothing in this thread.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:26 PM
bjonaiti
Banned

See, this is the bull**** I'm taking about. Mother****ers like you have nothing better to do than dump a bunch of **** in my thread.

Bobby Brown? Your mom looks like the offspring of a monkey dog ****ing a goat, with a splash of Al Roker with the bug eyes and chubby cheeks....not to mention her bubble-gum ass

I'm asking about a 1/8th scale buggy. How hard is that. Just how many idiots are there on this forum?
Let me go to priceline and see about gasing up and heading up to KY. I've got some lace draws for your monkey ass. You'd rather walk through hell with gasoline draws than bring your noise. I've seen kill bill 2. Don't make me go to the trunk!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:27 PM
bjonaiti
Banned

Hey jackass, learn how to read. I didn’t say “this forum is so full of idiots”. I asked the question “how many idiots are on this forum?”. There are a ton of members here, many of whom, unlike you based on your worthless post, have some good information to offer. I will admit I am a bit surprised at the number of **** heads I’ve encountered here in such a short amount of time, but I don't believe they are the majority.

Damn, another useless post. Hope you feel good about contributing to nothing in this thread.

Where do you stay, cause I've got mapquest open right now! come get slapped 3 times for talking like that!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:31 PM
bjonaiti
Banned

Shut up.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Lumpkin

Where do you stay, cause I've got mapquest open right now! come get slapped 3 times for talking like that!
You have got to be ****ting me. What the hell is the matter with you? You want to come up here and whop my ass now? Well bring your ass on, I'll stick my foot dead in your ass.

now piss off, we're talking 1/8th scale buggies here

un****ingbelievable!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Lumpkin

I've seen kill bill 2. Don't make me go to the trunk!
you bring your ass up here and it will be kill bill 3
Old 08-24-2009, 08:42 PM
bjonaiti
Banned

I've seen kill bill 2. Don't make me go to the trunk!
you bring your ass up here and it will be kill bill 3
Say something else. I'll come up there and slap you and your mamma!
Old 08-24-2009, 10:13 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: redlined_b16a

I would like to get something halfway decent. The LX 1 looks to be bottom of the barrel. Is it as strong as the hyper 7? I would guess not since it's not as expensive. It does look like it would be more powerful because it has a 28 engine and the hyper 7 has a smaller 21 engine.
expensive does not mean strong. for example take am associated b44 and tamiya dark impact, both 1/10 scale 4wd electric buggies. the b44 is $320, the dark impact is $180. the b44 would snap in half the first moderatly bad landing while the dark impact would only suffer minor breakage. plus the more expencive the kit the more it will cost to fix it.
did you want electric or nitro? also the difference in power between the .21 and .28 wont be overly notest, the 28 might get you about 5 mph faster with slightly faster exceleration but wieght will play a major factor. i doubt you will be going faster than 30 anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.