Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

electric conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:33 PM
NORCALLUMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric conversion

hey all, I have been running nitro 1/8 for awhile now. I have been thinking of converting my d8 in electric. I dont really know where to start. Which conversion is the better choice (tekno,novak...) and electronics. Which seem to be the best bang for the buck (just bought a new house cant afford really expensive). What batteries also. Just want som ething affordable, yet something I can race. Thanks!
Old 08-26-2009, 11:15 PM
P bomstad

Default RE: electric conversion

Check out the 1/8 brushless conversion thread. It is in the 1/8 buggy section. I converted my D8 and I love it. I used the tekno rc conversion, castle creations mamba monster system with the 2200 kv motor. I run smc 4s 5000 40 c packs. The power of this thing is insane. see pics below of my car. Stock body doesnt fitt great because rear of chassis is a bit wide but it is passable. The nitro guys a my local track call it an electric missle. I highly reccommend the conversion it is racing on a whole new level.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97602.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	1263947   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46688.jpg
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	1263948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw58461.jpg
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	1263949  
Old 08-27-2009, 09:27 AM
FoamyVictim

Ditto, the tekno kit makes it "Feel" more like a nitro with adjustable brake bias. In a truggy, it doesn't seem to be as critical. Just set it up loose. With a buggy, if you set it up loose, it's not as fast. With brake bias, you can dive deep into each corner, and fly out of it.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:45 PM
hakmazter

Might want to look at the Caster Racing fusion race roller. It is $235 on sale at casterracingusa. Then you get a whole roller.