Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Steering problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:37 PM
mikewait

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering problem

My car never goes straight! I keep trying to adjust the trim but it's not fixing it.
I noticed if my car is just idling and i turn the wheel right then i let go of the wheel on the transmitter the wheels on the on the car are still slightly turned right still. It does the same turning left.
Shouldn't they go straight when i let go?
Is this because my servo don't have enough torque? I have a jr 1817
I thinks it's like 206 oz or torque or something... cant remember

How do i fix my problem
Old 08-31-2009, 04:18 PM
davido666

Default RE: Steering problem

Try seeing if the wheels go straight when the front end is off the ground. I could be the servo saver not letting the tires go back straight. You try and tighten the servo saver to see if the steering works better.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:45 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

you may also have to re-center your servo, and also check your tie rods and try to get your "toe" at least set to center... re-centering your servo just requires popping the horn loose, and setting the radio trim adjustment to dead center then reattaching the servo horn... Also like the guy above check ytou servo saver you want it good and snug, but not over tight, overtightening the saver can cause issues too...
Old 08-31-2009, 05:49 PM
RRoyPP
My Feedback: (2)

I had this problem on one of my buggies. Turned out to be the servo saver wasn't moving freely. Dis connect your servo arm and move the front tires by hand to see if its binding.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:15 PM
mikewait

Alright i will try all of those things when i get a chance. hopefully it fix's my problem!
Thanks!
Old 09-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Allan Aguilar

Check for steering slack from all your steering ball cups and replace it whenever possible. Disconnect your steering steering linkage, re-adjust the steering trim from your radio to center, re-attach the steering servo horn and re-adjust your turnbuckles. Give a little toe-in at least 1 degree on the front.

Try it out.....[:@]