Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

RC8 to SC8..

Old 09-17-2009, 03:59 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RC8 to SC8..

Can anybody give me the exact list of things I need to convert an RC8 buggy to an SC8? I'm actually considering buying an RC8T roller, using the chassis to convert, butchering my buggy for arms, etc.., and using the RC8T parts as backups for my RC8T which I race..
Old 09-17-2009, 07:23 AM
DrDremel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC8 to SC8..

Wll, it is much easier to go backwards from s RC8T.......but it's not worth butchering your buggy over IMO. The SC8 is more of a toy than a race vehicle, but heh.....different strokes for different folks right? Keep us posted, should be interesting.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Snaut Rocket

here you go.
I love to help people.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rc8+to+sc8
Old 09-17-2009, 09:37 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't race my RC8 anyway.. It's more for just running laps at the track for fun/practice.. For racing, my RC8T is my priority...

Wondering now if I could go a really cheap route, forget the bumpers and cage and, just run the buggy arms, etc.. on an RC8T chassis, with maybe an SC10 or Traxxas Slash body...
Edit/Delete Message
Old 09-17-2009, 01:51 PM
K_B

Converting an RC8 to SC8 is a cinch. I don't have the exact part numbers, but if you want to do it proper, you'll need the truggy chassis, rear center driveshaft, shock towers and body mounts.

The SC10/Slash body doesn't fit on the SC8; too long. They do fit perfectly on a buggy chassis though.