Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Traveling with an rc car.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 02:15 AM
socomremix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traveling with an rc car.

Im about to go back to chicago from tennessee and im flying. I just wanted to see if anyone knew if it was okay to bring a buggy in a check in bag, not a carry-on, and if they would let you bring fuel and stuff. Im thinking the car would be alright but maybe not the fuel
Old 12-13-2009, 04:53 AM
K_B

Default RE: Traveling with an rc car.

Fuel is a HUGE no-no. No gas in the car and it might be a good idea to put the engine in checked bags as well. I checked pretty much everything to avoid any hassles when I went to Arizona....
Old 12-13-2009, 11:18 AM
HandyRacing

Not even able to carry shampoo now a days...

I'm quite sure there are DOT / HAZMAT package labeling rules even to check it, if you can at all.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:43 PM
mgtwpicco27

Avoid all problems and have it shipped where you are going ahead of time and buy fresh fuel when you get there. If there are no hobby shops nearby then have a gallon shipped there too.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:05 AM
HandyRacing

UPS Guide for Shipping Ground and Air Hazardous Materials

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...?WT.svl=SubNav
Old 12-14-2009, 05:57 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: mgtwpicco27

Avoid all problems and have it shipped where you are going ahead of time and buy fresh fuel when you get there. If there are no hobby shops nearby then have a gallon shipped there too.
+100

it is much more advisable to just pay to have it shipped to your destination... and as far as nitro fuel, big time NO NO on a plane... it is in the long run going to be much cheaper to pick fuel up when you get there as there are pretty steep fees associated with shipping Haz-Mat like Nitro...
Old 12-14-2009, 06:18 PM
zeo 1

when traveling by plane i usually dont bring fuel, i just make sure i know which one im using also i will carry the car wth me just to show them what it is with the rx box open just to show its no bomb :d i used to travel alot with my losi jrx t and my rc 10 t 4 also when i moved to texas / god help me LOL JK , i had my thunder quake in hand to show that it was safe, was 4 yrs ago so it cant be to much diffrent