Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Need help with servo that controlls the throttle

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Need help with servo that controlls the throttle

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 07:29 PM
shlurpee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with servo that controlls the throttle

Ok so talk to me like a newb...because I am. I have a red cat tornado, nitro powered RC car. It has been working fine but recently I broke the wire antenna on the car. It was super cold outside and the wire froze and broke when I bent it. So I rewired the antenna down the the circuit board. It was working fine for a couple days and then today I turn the car on and steering works fine but the throttle servo goes straight to brakes. I tried changing the batteries, I tried adjusting the throttle control on the remote and nothing. When I give the car full throttle it stays put, only applying brake pressure.

Do I need a new servo? What is going on?

Thanks.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:36 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need help with servo that controlls the throttle

uh did you try switching the servo mode on the controller? make sure that non of the pegs are pushed out or in the wrong spot?
switch steering with throttle will confirm reciver function.

if all else checks out, your servo is done.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:45 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

how exactly did you "rewire it" do you mean add alittle tape or solder it back together?
Old 12-18-2009, 05:45 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

Antenna wire should have nothing to do with servo function... you may want to check your TX to see if you accidentally reversed the servo. Also if it is going to full brake after you turn it on gives me the impression there is a failsafe on the vehicle. A failsafe will engage the brakes if the RX does not establish communication with the TX. this is done to prevent a runaway. If you have a 2.4Ghz system it could be built into your RX.

Basically what I am getting at is it sounds like you have a failsafe on the vehicle, and that your repair to the antenna may not have fixed it and is causing the failsafe to kick in. also you may want to make sure you have fresh or charged batteries in the receiver box as low power can cause this too...