Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Best electric 1/8 buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Chris79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best electric 1/8 buggy

If your looking for a basher i'd get the HPIVorza, basically a factory converted D8 buggy with good electronics (Castle Creations MMM)

Would not get a VE8..Its race only, and the race guys havea hard time keeping the plastic chassis from cracking and breaking.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:29 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

my 11 year old races a LX-1e ofna and its really durable, he can hold his own in e-buggy no problem .... but from the title of this thread ya can say that xray,losi,associated,kyosho,mugen are pretty much the best depending on personal preference!!
Old 11-18-2010, 02:54 PM
devast8r
My Feedback: (17)

Hey guys finally got a new track out here so it's time for a racing buggy. I'm looking into the new RC8Be FT coming out next month, Hyper 9e, or X-Ray XB808E. Which would be the best racer?
Old 11-20-2010, 12:46 PM
hakmazter

Caster EX1.5 pro is currently the best racer out there.

Watch these and let me know if you recognize any of the names.

The Caster guy as mentioned in the vids is Jonathan Hernandez. These vids were filmed by a Caster guy from Nevada.

The way they run electric a mains, they do 3) 10 minute sessions. Round 1 Jonathan got screwed at the beginning and had to drop to 9th and was ticked off. Plus side this shows the durability of Caster as he kept crashing, but still finished. Round 2 was better. Round 3 he took 2nd for a combined 4th place overall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z45H7e95Y6U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIARkIntuvc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGr3kQct9NI

By the way, "weasel" is the kid that almost won the 2010 electric nats last month. His name is Austin Blair.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:16 PM
devast8r
My Feedback: (17)

Cool videos but not really any Castor support out here. The three listed at least one guy runs there and I can get parts here easy.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:34 PM
hakmazter

Define support for me.

If you mean other people racing Caster in your area, that is understood. Find a friend to join you on the brand and problem solved.

If you mean setup information, etc... There is a forum with veteran team drivers and customers that is the best in the industry.

If you mean local hobby store support. Tell them about the brand. BUT, go look at your friends buggies and see if every part on it is in a bag on the shelf. If not, then they have the same support as you do at the end of the day. Either the hobby store or the customer is still calling Caster, Mugen, Losi, etc... to get parts mailed to them.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Lurp06x

well really i have a jammin x1 cr converting to elec. and it does everything i need it to do on the track. i think its mostly the driver that makes it a great rc. besides really whats the point of getting the rc with the best quality parts. when most likely your just going to be club racing? if anything ofna has a good rep for durablilty and like said before caster racing is moving up in the world. how much are you planning to spend all together? stuff is going to add up fast with just starting out with and elec kit and your going to be racing it too.