Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

should i get the hyper 7 black?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 11:26 AM
dumbdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i get the hyper 7 black?

should i get the hyper 7 black?
or is there a better buggy in that price range? with durability.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:38 AM
breezerboat

Default RE: should i get the hyper 7 black?

That's the one to get in that price range.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:12 PM
dumbdude

the only thing thats im not sure about is that my local hobby shop doesnt carry ofna parts.... they only carry team associated and losi... and of cource traxxas. do you think i should still get it? i heard its a really tough buggy. thats really important to me along with it being able to race....
Old 02-05-2010, 01:18 PM
jmaxey51

get that one or the jammin x1x. they are extremely durable so you wont need many parts at all. and plus your local hobby store will be twice as expensive. you will end up ordering off line anyways. all i buy at my hobby store is universal stuff, mainly just gas, tools, screws, fuel line, clutch shoes and springs, and oils and the rest i get off line because i save alot of money by doing that.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:06 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: jmaxey51

get that one or the jammin x1x. they are extremely durable so you wont need many parts at all. and plus your local hobby store will be twice as expensive. you will end up ordering off line anyways. all i buy at my hobby store is universal stuff, mainly just gas, tools, screws, fuel line, clutch shoes and springs, and oils and the rest i get off line because i save alot of money by doing that.
you forgot and you usually have to wait 3-5 days for them to order the part :P

I also buy bodies at my LHS (just got a buggy body there today) seeing there a little cheaper than most places online for the body and shipping. Kinda regret not buying the jammin pro-line body today though I'll just get it after I trash the stock one
Old 02-05-2010, 03:18 PM
dumbdude

grr so the jammin or hyper 7?????
i want more opinions

Old 02-05-2010, 03:30 PM
bikejunky

Either is a win win. Try to do a process of elimination or a side by side comparo. What one has better features or options for you?
Old 02-05-2010, 03:42 PM
dumbdude

i really want to start racing too but i want a really durable buggy also for bashing... the track i want to race at in small technical track... will the hyper 7 do ok?
Old 02-05-2010, 04:12 PM
lez1troubles

should you get thehyper 7???? NO. WHY because your asking that stupid question instead of looking through RCU and reading whats going on here.
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP ASKING" should I buy this or should I buy that car???"
BUY A DINKY TOY CAR AND PLAY IN YOU BEDROOM.jeez, always the same questions.
(((((KYOSHO))))) rulesthe RC world, but dont go buying one, buy dinky[:@]
Old 02-05-2010, 04:15 PM
dumbdude

dont be a dick. most the threads on the hyper 7 are really old thats why i want some newer opinions.
and i dont know if its going to be good on a small technical cource...

Old 02-05-2010, 04:59 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

well for racing the hyper might be better seeing it already has a .21 engine (race legal) in it. Durability wise I dunno. I haven't heard anything bad about it only heard its a bargain for the cash. Heard the same about the Jammin X1 but the jammin has a .28 engine (not race legal)
Old 02-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Coopz

Buy the Hyper 7 Black, just upgrade the steering servo (even a $10 Towerpro will do the job) and maybe a decent radio down the track. with the right setup and driver they can still run with the best, and they are strong.
The pullstarter motor is a ***** to run sometimes tho, a good startup box is probably a wise investment.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:54 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

should you get thehyper 7???? NO. WHY because your asking that stupid question instead of looking through RCU and reading whats going on here.
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP ASKING'' should I buy this or should I buy that car???''
BUY A DINKY TOY CAR AND PLAY IN YOU BEDROOM.jeez, always the same questions.
(((((KYOSHO))))) rulesthe RC world, but dont go buying one, buy dinky[:@]

wow, a very informative post, go take your POS Kyosho to a hotel and give it some lovin.

anyway, i do like both the ofna's, either choice and you wont lose. there are a lot of people that will agree that the Jammin is a more robust, heavy, and a more competitive racer. its only a few bucks more than the Hyper, but in my opinion its worth it.

in lez1trobles defence, its a lot easier to search and read before making a post- why someone would get so bent out of shape, i dont know.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:43 PM
jmaxey51

the jammin is built for racing! i have had both and today i still run jammin. the hyper is far behind on the racing seen and doesnt not handle half as good as a jammin. the jammin is ready to race out of the box AFTER you get a new steering servo. you have to do that with all RTRs anyways. the hyper 7 is a good basher but it doesnt even come close to an good racer IMO. also you get the jammin you can convert it to an X2 if you would like for just 150 bucks. i would stick with the X1 for a while and get used to racing and then later on convert it. the X1 is a good buggy and is capable of winning, i have won quite a few races with it and a bunch of top three in the pro buggy class with it. i recently converted it to an X2 and im struggling with setup right but once i get it dialed i think it will be better.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:59 PM
dumbdude

thanks guys.... im kinda a bigginer.... not totally though...
do you think it would be better to save a little more cash for a rc8 or something....
i really want to be able to bash every now in then too..
im thinking i should get a hyper 7 to get to learn more about 8th scale buggy and get some practice and then later get a rc8 or something more for racing and keep the hyper 7 for bashing and fun with friends.... does that sound like a good idea or what..... im completly open to suggestions....
Old 02-06-2010, 12:42 AM
jmaxey51

if you get a hyper 7 you will need to upgrade the shocks right off to be the least bit competitive. also if you are looking at the RC8 RTR remember it does not come with the 16mm shocks. also its the old version and not that great IMO. but the new RC8B kit is amazing. i really like it i have thought about getting one a few times before but i just cant get away from the Jammin. jammin never breaks. i used to bash with it all week long and then go race it on the weekends and i never broke one thing. one of my rear lower arms got alot of play in it to the point that the shock screw was coming out because of all the slop. i bought my jammin x1 used and i have just replaced the rear lower arms and i replaced the axil CVDs and thats it. i have been running it for over a year and never broke one thing. i converted it to an x2 and have been running it for a couple of months and almost all the parts are off my x1 and they are still going. i beat my jammin to death!!! and it keeps on going. but i may be switching to O'donnell soon because it suits my driving style a little more.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:27 AM
hakmazter

What is the price point you are looking at?
Old 02-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Coopz

If you have the money avoid RTR full stop, they are always more expensive n the long run.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:33 AM
dumbdude

300$ range
Old 02-06-2010, 10:29 AM
yotaman1991

i'm in your boat probally getting the jammin x1x rtr soon and compared mostly to hyper7 and i say go with the jammin. mostclub tracks will allow a rtr engine over .21 as long as it is the engine your buggy comes with. i truelly think its an all around better buggy. there are tons of easy to get parts that look really sweet. alot of which can be bought cheap on e-bay. servos and radio really need to go on almost every rtr. good luck in your choices.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:54 AM
dumbdude

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr how good will it be for bashing?
and how are they to work on?

and the jammin x1x is 70$ more...
is it even worth that?

Old 02-06-2010, 01:54 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: dumbdude

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr how good will it be for bashing?
and how are they to work on?

and the jammin x1x is 70$ more...
is it even worth that?

The Jammin comes with a F .28 engine. I've not heard of anyone disappointed with the quality of Force engines. The engine alone is the main thing that swung me over to the Jammin from the hyper 7. Also if you want to race like others have said you can slowly upgrade the Jammin X1 to a Jammin X2 for around $150.

And towers site just updated the Hyper 7's specs just looked on tower and it has a Mac Star .28 engine now. So its no longer race legal with its included engine.

But in the end its your cash the Jammin IMO is a better deal, but if you want to save $50 its upto you.

(side note amain hobbies seems to be back ordered on the Jammin X1)
Old 02-06-2010, 03:05 PM
dumbdude

grrr
Old 02-06-2010, 05:21 PM
cobra26

I have had an OFNA Hyper 7 and a Hyper 7 Black. I raced the Hyper 7 a couple of times but most of my running has been in the bashing department. I can tell you straight off that both of these OFNA buggies are TOUGH AND DURABLE! I bashed the "h" out of both and they always came back for more. If I had been a better driver I would have placed better than 4th place when I raced, but I blame me - not the buggy. In my opinion you can't go wrong with either of these buggies for what you want to do.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:46 PM
dumbdude

yea i reallly am wanting to bash a lot....
talking about bashers is there any other rc models that are better for bashing than the hyper 7?
i dont want a monster truck either.....
and i want nitro....
do guys suggest anything that would be better than a hyper 7 for that????
i would be willing to look at truggies to but i think those would be less durable because of the wheels when they kartwheel you might break a arm or something pretty easy.... or easy compared to a buggy.... but thats just what i think...
i want some suggestions on that too if you guys dont mind helping me out...

oh and needs to be in $200-around $350 price range

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.