Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

What's a good 2.4 system?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 05:01 PM
MicroDat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's a good 2.4 system?

Hi, I just got into rc cars and I want to upgrade my 72 radio to a 2.4 system. I'm not new to RC, I fly airplanes (warbirds, 3d, and jets). I have a spektrum dx7, and JR12X, both are excellent radios and I would like to stick to Spektrum for my car. Is spektrum a good rc car radio? If so which model is the best? Are there any issues I need to be aware of? The dx7 had a low-voltage cutoff where if the power supply drops below 3.5 v the system would restart and basically cause a lockout (I lost a few planes this way). So any info and field results would be great.

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2010, 06:18 PM
kojak61

Default RE: What's a good 2.4 system?

The DX2S or DX3S or the DX3R any of those are good
Old 02-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Marine Brad

DX3S or DX3R are pretty awesome radios from spektrum!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:22 PM
jmaxey51

i thought my spectrum radio was good until i got an M11 that thing is awesome and you can get it for 250 on amian
Old 02-17-2010, 01:27 AM
MicroDat

What's so good about the M11?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:58 AM
xxxtsuperstud18

its made by airtronics, nuff said
Old 02-17-2010, 12:50 PM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: MicroDat

it has more settings then youll ever need for starters. it will vibrate when battery is low or you can set up the timer setting and it will do the same thing at the time you would like to pit. you could set it up for every 7 min for example and at 7, 14, 21, etc it will go off letting you know to pit. also with electric it doesnt give any problems trying to go in reverse, i run slash with the spectrum radio and it gives me trouble with reverse but with the M11 it will work everytime. also there is no delay with the radio when ever you do something with the radio it will do it right as your doing it. with the spectrum it seemed to lag a little, i didnt realize that it did until i got the M11. i will never run anything besides the M11 again. easy to set up and everything. the only problem is if you run regular batts it will eat them up quick, you will have to buy a rechargeable batt pack.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:23 PM
madbrad70

I have the specktrum DX3S and really like it. I really like that it only atke 4 AA batteries to run it. it has more features and buttons than i would ever use.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:37 PM
xxxtsuperstud18

ORIGINAL: jmaxey51

it has more settings then youll ever need for starters. it will vibrate when battery is low or you can set up the timer setting and it will do the same thing at the time you would like to pit. you could set it up for every 7 min for example and at 7, 14, 21, etc it will go off letting you know to pit. also with electric it doesnt give any problems trying to go in reverse, i run slash with the spectrum radio and it gives me trouble with reverse but with the M11 it will work everytime. also there is no delay with the radio when ever you do something with the radio it will do it right as your doing it. with the spectrum it seemed to lag a little, i didnt realize that it did until i got the M11. i will never run anything besides the M11 again. easy to set up and everything. the only problem is if you run regular batts it will eat them up quick, you will have to buy a rechargeable batt pack.

man, i didnt know that it does all that. I really like the fact that it will let you know when to pit. I have an older airtronics radio and it is pretty sweet. CS2P. ya, its old but it does what i need it to do.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:22 PM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: xxxtsuperstud18

ORIGINAL: jmaxey51

man, i didnt know that it does all that. I really like the fact that it will let you know when to pit. I have an older airtronics radio and it is pretty sweet. CS2P. ya, its old but it does what i need it to do.
yeah i didnt know it did all of that when i got it but one day when i first got it, i was practicing a little and knew that the batt was low and i was about to stop and it started vibrating and it freaked me out at first then i looked at the screen bc it lit up and it said low batt then i asked someone that runs the m11 also and he was showing me all the features including the pit stop warning, i have yet to set it up but ill probably try it next time i have a practice day.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:24 PM
xxxtsuperstud18

comes with a reciever if you buy one brand new right?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:10 AM
jmaxey51

you are correct. here is a link with the info: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...stem-No-Servos
Old 02-19-2010, 06:23 PM
big_poppa49

I also have a Sprktrum DX3S, and I LOVE it!!

Its great knowing your battery voltage, and the temp of your motor at the palm of your hands. And that it has a timer (other models do too) to tell you when your tank is about empty and you need to pit.