Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Different motor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 03:13 AM
ginnz
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different motor?

ok guys i have a simple question.

i got a used, and in excellent condition OFNA Ultra Comp LX, i have since ordered all integy aluminum upgrades, and have got new tires (badlands) and wheels..... ive replaced the steering and throttle servo's (steering is jr 4721 and throttle is JR Z590M, now, i have some money to blow and am wondering what motor would be a killer upgrade for this car? it has to bolt right in and be pullstart. im looking for maximum power and ease of tune-ability, as im a total novice with Nitro..... im an electric Heli guy.... ;-) im looking for something that absolutely kicks arse, but doesnt shred the drivetrain ;-)

anyways, im looking to spend up to 250.00 -300.00....

any suggestions are greatly appreciated.!! :-)
Old 03-02-2010, 05:24 AM
Ozmick

Default RE: Different motor?

Do you want to race?
Do you care about fuel economy?
If not.... slap a decent .28 in her and watch it fly.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:00 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ginnz

i got a used, and in excellent condition OFNA Ultra Comp LX, i have since ordered all integy aluminum upgrades, and have got new tires (badlands) and wheels..... ive replaced the steering and throttle servo's (steering is jr 4721 and throttle is JR Z590M, now, i have some money to blow and am wondering what motor would be a killer upgrade for this car? it has to bolt right in and be pullstart. im looking for maximum power and ease of tune-ability, as im a total novice with Nitro..... im an electric Heli guy.... ;-) im looking for something that absolutely kicks arse, but doesnt shred the drivetrain ;-)

I am from Winnipeg, I have modified engines in stock that would fit both your budget and needs perfectly...... My company is called ClockWork Racing Engines.........PM me if your interested !
Old 03-04-2010, 04:05 AM
lez1troubles

RB KILLER 9.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:15 AM
The_Shark

Jammin jpx .21
Old 03-04-2010, 12:25 PM
jmaxey51

odonnell SS 21 no questions asked.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:41 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: ginnz

re consider pullstart.

a decent box and batt will run you $100 on ebay. if you go that route you could go with a Go Tech .21 engine. they are decent little engines that scream rpms and only cost $180 or so.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:48 PM
jmaxey51

do NOT use pull start it is the most hassle in the world and they break constantly almost as much as a roto start. you can get a starter box WAY cheaper than 100 used. i got a used ofna chrome top for 35 bucks with a gel cell batteryand i have been using it for about a year and just recently bought a new ofna blue box with the same gel cell batt out of the one i got used. im still keeping the chrome top as a backup/ extra box. and the guy before me said he used it for a year or so and then let people use it. so it has tons of use on it but still works like new. the only reason i got new was because that box is big and bulky and really heavy.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:49 AM
lez1troubles

Dito that, a pull start is a pain in the butt. Starter boxes are the way to go but get something decent with a powerfull motor preferably a single motor. Mantau has a great starter box (light waight and powerfull) and get a good starter battery (i.e GRAUPNER+CHARGER) which should set you back around $80. The Mantau starter box that I have also has a power panel so that I can use a glow plug atached to it and a pump for refueling. The power supply to the glow plug can be adjusted so that you get the right heat to your plug without over heating it.