Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

OFNA Picco Servo?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 11:42 PM
cbh148
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFNA Picco Servo?!?!

ok, so i've been tinkering on my friend's Ofna Picco buggy lately, and he bought a Hobbico CS-170 servo to replace the throttle/brake servo. i searched around some on the internet and couldn't find out for sure which spline insert (the little caps that go in the servo horns) should be used.

the buggy came with 4 different caps labeled S, J, F, and H. the car's manual doesn't adress what letter means what.

i've put in one of each but it keeps stripping them out almost immediately.

one thing i noticed is that the servo is trying to pull the throttle open farther than the carb will let it. ALSO, when the servo is signaled to brake, it pulls roughly a quarter of the distance that it pulls when full throttle is applied. is this normal?

i was experimenting around with other transmitters to see if maybe his was defective, and my JR does the same thing (long throttle, short braking) however the long throttle can be fixed with end-point-adjustment, but the braking is still short even with the EPA maxed out. this JR remote came with a nitro RTR; i don't know if this has something to do with it.

when i plugged up the crystal to my Tamiya RTR transmitter (which came with an electric RTR), it was 50/50 on throttle to braking throws.

any help would be very appreciated!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:55 PM
K_B

Default RE: OFNA Picco Servo?!?!

Sanwa (Airtronics), JR, Futaba or Hitec. The Hobbico servos should be the same spline as Hitec.

The throttle problem certainly seems to be the end-points. Sounds to me like the throttle trim needs to be centered and then the enpoints need to be re-adjusted.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:59 AM
cbh148
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to get the H insert to fit without having to MASH it (nearly put all my weight [145 lbs] on it). The F insert seems to fit though. One guy on the internet claims that the Hobbico CS-170, in particular, is different than other Hobbico servos.

Perhaps the F insert would be fine if I could adjust the end point on full throttle to stop it from trying to open the carb farther than it can go.

I went through all the menus (trim, sub-trim, dual rates) on my JR XR2i and didn't find anything that was adjusted funny, so perhaps the braking throw is supposed to be noticeably shorter than the throttle throw.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:53 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does it have endpoint adj? your going to need it to adjust that without going insane.