Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is this buggy any good?

I heard about the Exceed madfire BL 1/8th buggy and was wondering if it is any good? i know there are many interchangable parts from different brands but not too sure which ones.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Is this buggy any good?

No

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Durability and parts support are not any good...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm going to quote a post you made in another thread a little over 2 weeks ago

ORIGINAL: pheanix11

ok so definetly ofna, and yea i did have bad experiences with exceed at first you think "oh yea everythings running smoothley, then within a wekk bam 100$ in repairs alone(at least). so anyways now its between the hyper7 and picco.
    So based on your own experiences with exceed do you think you should get an exceed?
    If you want to be slammed with $100 again in repairs right away go ahead just don't come crying back saying how big of a pile of crap it was because you should know better based on your past experiences.

If you are so strapped for cash drop down to 1/10th scale get a Traxxas bandit XL-5 for $180(or VXL for $290 on amain) so you will have some leeway to buy decent batteries and a charger (which will cost around $100 for 2 2S lipos and a charger).
    Another reason not to bother with 1/8th scale when you have limited funds is you won't even be able to afford a set of 1/8th scale tires when you shred them.

I know I sound harsh but its only the truth.
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

PICCO[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
    Signature
    (Max. 125 chars. 2 lines max)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well i already have a picco and i got some extra cash and yea the reason why i brought the exceed up was because lots of people were talking good about it, but i was checking out the 1/10th scale traxxas bandit vxl BL rtr with batteries and charger and in total (w/ shipping) around 315$ and it seemed like a nice deal at amianhobbies.com and i was wondering if its any good?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just step up to the plate and unload on a something like a Mugen MBX6, Xray or something high end.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Someone with a little extra cash to spend is probably not looking for a full-on race machine; especially if they're looking at something like a Traxxas Bandit. Not saying a Traxxas Bandit isn't any good; it's a great bashing buggy, it's just not even in the same category as an MBX6 or an Xray, where the rolling chassis alone is $400+

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the new VXL revo (that the name) looks sweet. smaller, pushrod suspension, and the reviewer on rcu said it was great. thats the route i would go...
    REVO[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
    Signature

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its kinda amazing when people bash something when they know nothing about it! parts are easy to get, two to three says tops, and this buggie is just as durable as any. Most of exceed cars are junk yes, but this car is not made by them its made by Nanda racing who makes parts for HPI, Losi and a few others. Now no its not a $600 roller but at the same time i race this very car with all the top line cars and place in the top 3 almost every race. have broke it a few times just as i Have broke my HB D8 which i have 4 times the amount of money into. for a starter buggie its top notch. If its more in your budget go for it. if you can afford more then do that! really its whats going to make you happy. good luck to you!

On a side not take a look at this http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/cars/in...part_num=30875it is the same thing as the mad fire with minor differences like the layout.This car runs the same front, rear, and center diffs. Same rear arms same front hubs. all the parts work on the mad fire.

And people sware by kyosho! just some food for thought
    Set it down pull the trigger and let it EAT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wouldn't swear by that Kyosho, but you still make a good point. I still don't like waiting for parts though, personally.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

((((KYOSHO))))MP7.5 Inferno is probably that better way to go,whether your a beginner or pro.[8D]

San Diego but living in Dubai, UNITED ARAB EMIRATE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Geeeezzz Lez...always looking for the opportunity, eh?
    The rest of your life starts now. Go Live It!

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

YEP
    why not when it's true,((((KYOSHO)))) is for the hard core crew.
    Wanna race????[>:]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You sound like an 80s toy commercial...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: K_B

You sound like an 80s toy commercial...
    WE BUILD EXCITEMENT- PONTIAC!
    [X(]
    Signature

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VxAchRGmC8[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HAHAHAHA
    That sir made my day seeing I've had a pretty bad RC day
    totaled my BL converted Jammin .5 CRT's steering servo today ordered a hitec 645mg to replace the futaba 4004 I had, also ordered a 2nd for my jammin X1. Also destroyed my MT2's center gear which cost me $30 in parts(needed a new assembly). That video was the 1st time I laughed today
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Syco, have you had a laugh yet today???
    if not maybe you should check out "REDNECK BUNGIE JUMP" on you tube, it's maybe off subject but still funny.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have the nitro mad fire and ha vent had any issues with it what so ever , just an fyi  its not made by exceed :P LOL  its nanda racing , but in general ive not really broken anything on my mad fire at all  and to be fair the mad fire ep looks decent  big bore shocks comes with the lipos and charger to get you going , i mean parts support is an issue now since it just came out  but it shares alot if all of the suspension sets as the nitro version and exceed has alot of the parts for that one aside from the chassis and battery boxes  its not to hard to find parts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A nice beginner car that will also run with the big boys is the new Red Cat Racing Backdraft 3.5. I would suggest taking it apart and putting CA and locktite on the nuts and bolts. But other than that I have run it side by side with the guys who have 4-5 times what I have tied up in cars and finished in the top 5 consistantly. I had to adjust the spoiler for my taste but that is with any car. The engine has a lot of pep and short or long course, after the break in of the engine I performance tuned it and have won several races. I would order the metal spur gear with the car though. The plastic ran great for a few races but I prefer the metal and switched it as soon as I got it in.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The backdraft isn't anything close to being in the same level of buggy as the rest of the 1/8 scale market.

I'd also steer clear of the "madfire". I highly suggest something that you won't have problems trying to find parts support for. Yes, the madfire has SOME parts that interchange with the 7.5, but there are only a few that do. The BIGGEST downer is that the "madfire" has kingpin suspension, yuck!

I suggest going with something of higher quality, even though it DOES cost more, it will be a far better investment. Take my advice, I've had one that was under a different brand... I don't have it anymore! Hunt the forums for information on that particular platform... there are TONS of threads with unhappy people and their purchase.

Assuming the "BL" meaning brushless, I suggest looking at this list, you can't really go wrong!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...1-8-Buggy-Kits

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sbrond

Its kinda amazing when people bash something when they know nothing about it! parts are easy to get, two to three says tops, and this buggie is just as durable as any. Most of exceed cars are junk yes, but this car is not made by them its made by Nanda racing who makes parts for HPI, Losi and a few others. Now no its not a $600 roller but at the same time i race this very car with all the top line cars and place in the top 3 almost every race. have broke it a few times just as i Have broke my HB D8 which i have 4 times the amount of money into. for a starter buggie its top notch. If its more in your budget go for it. if you can afford more then do that! really its whats going to make you happy. good luck to you!

On a side not take a look at this http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/cars/in...part_num=30875*it is the same thing as the mad fire with minor differences like the layout.*This car runs the same front, rear, and center diffs. Same rear arms same front hubs. all the parts work on the mad fire.

And people sware by kyosho! just some food for thought

So you are ok with Chinese making a copy of a design that was done by someone else, and use really low quality parts?
    Kyosho spent R&D money and time, its not morally correct to copy it and sell it as "your own" vehicle.
    Mugen M-Spec MBX6 Buggy & MBX6T Truggy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

do you want a buggy or truggy? truthfully! why dont yuo save yourself some money sae up for and extra month or two and get a good buggy like i showed you! the remote is great it is just a good all around package good motor good everything

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ed-Starter-Box

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think the discussion should be qualified on a per-dollar basis. Can you compare a BMW to a chevy on equal terms?
    Are you getting double the value for a $600 1:8 compared the redcat backdraft 8e, is the question. It's going to be relative to how seriously you are going to be using the car to really decide.
    Probably backdraft 8E gets you 80% of the way there, for 1/2 the price. As we all know, 80:20 rule applies to lots of things (cars, beer, intel chips, etc).