Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

E-JAM x1 jammin buggy conv

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 02:59 PM
uhoo_01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-JAM x1 jammin buggy conv

G'day all from down under :P
well just wanna get sum helpful hits with putting brushless on my buggy . just bought a race roller all hopped up jammin x1 that i wanna set up brushless and lipo on for my gf to use . im big into nirto and love it , i just want sum thing for her so she does not have to tune and muck around with just drive .
first question is iv been looking at motor and ecu combos and dont really no which one to get for it . i wanna try and keep the cost down as much as i can like around the 200 mark for the combo because its just gunna be a basher . the motor im leaning towards is the :http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hobbywing-Xer...item1e5a53dfd6

is this any good ? i see alot of people running the MAMBA cc motors and stuff, its just a lil pricy for me for what i want . i was also looking at the traxxas V system too , just dunno how powerful it is .

, the convo kit is about $50 for the jammin . any help would be great cheers .
Old 07-23-2010, 02:49 AM
SouthFloridaAppraiser

Default RE: E-JAM x1 jammin buggy conv

I plan on converting a Jammin X1CR-FTE to electric. I too have wondered about the ESC from Hobbypartz.com. They have an ESC that is 80 amps for $50 (unfortunately they are almost always sold out). I wonder if this would suffice. I don't think the motors would be as good as a NEU 2200. I have a Platinum slash with the V system and do not think it will be powerful enough for the Jammin. It is a 1/10 scale design system. It is great in the slash though..... Where can you get the conversion kit for $50? The cheapest that I have seen is $76 and is made by Castle Creations. That latter has the batteries on both sides so one can use two two cell lipos or two 3S etc.... This will keep the cost down. In this case, I have read to use two batteries that are exactly the same (and from the same manufacturer). The Castle Creations e-buggy kit states that one has to use their motor... not sure if others will fit....
Old 07-23-2010, 10:33 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: SouthFloridaAppraiser

I plan on converting a Jammin X1CR-FTE to electric. I too have wondered about the ESC from Hobbypartz.com. They have an ESC that is 80 amps for $50 (unfortunately they are almost always sold out). I wonder if this would suffice. I don't think the motors would be as good as a NEU 2200. I have a Platinum slash with the V system and do not think it will be powerful enough for the Jammin. It is a 1/10 scale design system. It is great in the slash though..... Where can you get the conversion kit for $50? The cheapest that I have seen is $76 and is made by Castle Creations. That latter has the batteries on both sides so one can use two two cell lipos or two 3S etc.... This will keep the cost down. In this case, I have read to use two batteries that are exactly the same (and from the same manufacturer). The Castle Creations e-buggy kit states that one has to use their motor... not sure if others will fit....
Well I've seen the $50 conversion kits around the time the original post was made. I've not seen em since april (was planning on getting one)

I put a NEU 2200 into a Jammin X1 CRT and that sucker is probably too high KV for the Jammin. My CRT does back flips... and its gearing is identical to the Jammin X1 CR's (ran it on 4s BTW) seeing I'm using my spare center diff that I got for my X1 CR.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Lurp06x

yeah i was looking at converting my jammmin x1 too. i was looking at the cc conversion and that cheap novak combo for $170 so then with everything all together it would run me under $300.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:48 PM
SouthFloridaAppraiser

I started to build my Jammin X1-CR FTE and just received my Castle Creations Mamba Monster/2200 KV combo from The Barn Floor - they are awesome....... I am waiting for my Castle Creatons X1-CR electric conversion kit. I noticed a guy on ebay selling a conversion kit for the same car.. less parts, but cheaper.....the latter is for a one battery setup. The Castle conversion kit is for a two battery setup. At my level, I don't think it makes a difference.... I will run two 2S batteries...... Most guys suggest 6500 mah for a 15 minute main..... I have no idea what batteries to get.... It will be interesting to see how this older and slightly heavier buggy competes with the latest buggies... I plan on buying a very solid JR servo... still undecided as to which one.... I hope to have more track time with this Jammin than my nitro version...less maintenance and all.....=more fun........