Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

New to 1/8th buggies. What should i get?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

New to 1/8th buggies. What should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 10:04 PM
zachattack2795

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to 1/8th buggies. What should i get?

Im looking at the following buggies. Any input? if i got the lx-1e i would be puttign a vxl motor with my mamba max esc in it running on nimh batts. Would i be better off with a slash than the lx-1e? Any input would be appreciated.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRUS1&P=ML
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRSU8&P=ML
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYCA8&P=7
Old 05-29-2010, 10:23 PM
robbiesmechanic

Default RE: New to 1/8th buggies. What should i get?

my friend has the lx1-e with the same setup and man that thing hauls..... he changed the diff oils and shock oils and raced it today there were 7 or 8 other buggies including a losi8 and the new vorza and they could not touch the lx1-e. its a good buy but you wont be happy with anything less than lipo's. 2 cell is great but 4 cell is crazy fast... you wil like the handling of the buggy far more than the slash.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:03 AM
zachattack2795

I forgot to mention im just going to be bashing these. Im sick of my old trucks breaking every other day.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:55 PM
xxxnt236
My Feedback: (1)

That truck is such a great car. Would you maybe wanna get a truggy? A truggy is a little higher, a little bigger and the thunder tiger st is a indestrucible truck.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:37 PM
zachattack2795

i would love a truggy. most are just out of my price range
Old 05-30-2010, 10:07 PM
xxxnt236

ORIGINAL: zachattack2795

thunder tiger st. Look it up. Probably the most indestucible car there is around. it is stronger than any monster truck buggy or truggy imo. The only car that compares is the mbx6t
Old 06-05-2010, 05:58 AM
infernos777

ORIGINAL: xxxnt236

thunder tiger st. Look it up. Probably the most indestucible car there is around. it is stronger than any monster truck buggy or truggy imo. The only car that compares is the mbx6t

You're kidding right? Thunder Tiger ST? Good luck finding parts ANYWHERE, set-ups ANYWHERE, or finding performance anywhere with that truck. It's a PILE...indestructible maybe, but for truggies, it was dead 2+ years ago. There are many other truggies available that are COMPETITIVE and durable. Why lead someone to such a horrible vehicle?
Old 06-05-2010, 08:03 PM
vnmsgt

Im looking at the following buggies. Any input? if i got the lx-1e i would be puttign a vxl motor with my mamba max esc in it running on nimh batts. Would i be better off with a slash than the lx-1e? Any input would be appreciated.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRSU8&P=ML
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYCA8&P=7
Instead of the LX1E take a look at the Caster EX1 Fusion http://holeshothobbies.com/index.php...roducts_id=487 It is a much more durable platform than the Ofna and alot more newer design. Plus it takes 2 2S lipos which if you ever did get a 1/10 scale you could use them in that as singles. Also if you decided to race it then it is a much better racing platform too. It also has a ton more upgradeable parts. Everything from the Fusion PRO Kit bolts right up to it.

Plus you could get the Race Roller truggy too since you were interested in a truggy. Alot cheaper then buying a KIT and converting it for another brand. http://holeshothobbies.com/index.php...roducts_id=480
Old 06-06-2010, 04:44 PM
xxxnt236

the thunder tiger st is the best basher out there! The mbx6t is the only truck that compares to it strength wise. I know plenty of people that love hte truck. It might not handle like my d8 and d8t but its still bullet proof. Im pretty sure you can find parts on amainhobbies. Think before you say stuff you not sure of! cause there parts right there.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...er-ST-1/page/2
Old 06-06-2010, 07:08 PM
buttdud1122

i would strongly recomend the xtm xt2!!! awesome engine, as long as you use a low oil fuel, so much speed and power! starts on first or second pull, and it is quite durable! i have not broken a single part (except the stock throttle servo crapped out) in the two gallons ive had it, and ive slammed into trees and gone off jumps landing pointing down on one wheel! this thing has been so reliable in the time ive had it, i would recomend it to anyone!
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/145624.asp
Old 06-12-2010, 04:39 AM
infernos777

this is why forums stink, too many people pushing brands they bought. id rather ask people at the track or read magazine reviews. if someone recommends a thunder tiger or xtm i know right away theyre noobs, sorry but tru! back to my neobuggy.net and RC Car magazine for the real info, wurd.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:10 PM
buttdud1122

ok, so if you are so high and mighty, have you ever driven the xt2? didnt think so. i never said it was a good racer, because it isnt. it weighs way too much to handle good, but it is crazy durable and fast. he didnt say he wanted a high end expensive one
Old 06-16-2010, 04:59 AM
infernos777

ORIGINAL: buttdud1122

ok, so if you are so high and mighty, have you ever driven the xt2? didnt think so. i never said it was a good racer, because it isnt. it weighs way too much to handle good, but it is crazy durable and fast. he didnt say he wanted a high end expensive one

yes i have driven one, so you thought wrong. high and mighty? since when was evaluating xtm's crappiness being high and mighhty?

it has nothing to do with racing. the xtm stuff strips spur gears, wears out cvds and dogbones and gives people a bad impression of rc. stay away from that and point them in the right direction.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:24 AM
buttdud1122

well, for the three gallons i have ran my buggy in, i havent had a single problem, the cvd's and spur gear look fine, all hardened steel. i havent broke a single part, and i regularily do tripples at the bmx track. i have never heard anything bad about xtm, except for the people who think that if you dont spend five hundred dollars its crap. and, team associated almost steered me away from the hobby with their maintenence nightmare mgt 3.0
Old 06-26-2010, 11:20 PM
xxxnt236

i dont own a thunder tiger. Im strictly hot bodies. My buddy has one and they are strong. He hasnt broken a part on it and he has beat the hell out of it. If you can look around and get the mbx5t. You can pick them up for pretty cheap used.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:06 PM
TriggerMike12

I hope I don't get stung for this but The Redcat Hurricane, which is Redcats "pro" buggy in the 1/8 scale, isn't a bad choice.  I haven't had a problem with mine and I believe they're in the $250 to $300 range. Keep an open mind, read reviews, and my personal favorite, watch youtube videos. This will help you come to a decision.  Everyone has they're own personal preferance on what they like, and I'm not saying any of the other buggies people in this thread mentioned are bad, I'm just saying there is a buggy that you'll find a nitch in somewhere out there.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:54 PM
thebombster

just going to let u knok that redcat isn't as good as u think. it may look very nice and the body's are colorful but don't buy it. it is very hard to find good parts for. i would stay from Xtm, redcat, or thundertiger. i run a D8 with werks racing B5 engine and it rips. get a lightened chassis and bigbore shocks and a couple more things. and lightened shock stand off's and lightened spur gear. I place second and first all the time. people don't realize it yet but hotbodies D8 is going to be a very great name brand soon. hell it already went to world's. try the jammin x1 rtr or the hyper series or if u can find a used losi 8ight 1.0 that would be nice. E-mail me at any time if u have any question's about buggy's or general hobby.