Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

ofna ultra comp or ofna hyper hobao 8.5

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

ofna ultra comp or ofna hyper hobao 8.5

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 08:27 AM
sirhc221

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ofna ultra comp or ofna hyper hobao 8.5

right now I purchased a ofna ultra comp for about $80, put new receiver, servos, and tires on it and it runs great, it has the stock Force p4 .26 engine which is easy to tune and start (PS), its a really fun car to drive....NOWI can find the hyper hobao 8,5 online for about $150. which car is better (i'm assuming the hyper is) or should i just invest some money into fixing up the ultra, or sell the ultra and go for a hyper...i'd love a losi 8 but thats way out of my price range lol...thoughts comments

are parts for the hyper 8.5 exchangeable with the ultra?

thanks guys...
Old 06-09-2010, 03:31 PM
K_B

Default RE: ofna ultra comp or ofna hyper hobao 8.5

If you like the one you have, why get something else? The Hyper would be considered the better car because it is a less outdated design, but that only matters if you're racing. And even then, if you're just a beginner, even a Losi isn't going to make you any more competitive until you get some races under your belt.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:29 AM
flukeone

hyper definitly

K_B is right. if you're starting out it won't make a difference which car you have. but you won't stay a beginner forever. once you start gaining experience you'll learn to use your car to its full potential and the hyper simply has more potential
Old 06-10-2010, 06:24 AM
sirhc221

Thanks guys!  I also have a losi xxx nt which i'm putting a new motor in, and I also have a yokomo gt4 which is great to drive but needs lots of street.  I've been loving the OFNA and really probably wont race anything because I think I would crash into everybody lol, so maybe i'll just spend some extra bucks and fix up my ultra and if a great deal comes my way for an upgraded hyper etc, i can always sell my OFNA...I had alway heard bad things about OFNA but so far its been a great car to fix up and bash!

thanks for the input