Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Xtm Xt2 Engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 06:22 PM
dantheman237

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xtm Xt2 Engine

Hello,I just started driving my Xt2 yestarday after a few months of not using it. I thought my engine was running fine but then I started trying to tune it. Then today i was still trying to tune it but when it got going then i hit full throttle then the engine sputtered and then died. Every time there was lots of smoke from the pipe so it was running pretty rich. So i lean it out a little but then when i gave it full throttle it sputtered and died again but at a higher speed this time and not much smoke at all. Is it possible to be running too rich that it will stall your engine? Thanks for your input if you have any.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:20 PM
buttdud1122

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Xtm Xt2 Engine

your engine doesnt like the traxxas fuel, thats what it is! i think your idle was too low too... so it cooled off to quickly cause that motor doesnt like to get cool, yet it is really easy to get cool