Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

MoosRacing carbonfibre , carbon kevlar chassis and parts.

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

MoosRacing carbonfibre , carbon kevlar chassis and parts.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 05:46 AM
shano1983

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MoosRacing carbonfibre , carbon kevlar chassis and parts.

Hey Guys there is a great small company called MoosRacing, they are manufacturers of carbon fibre r/c chassi's and parts.

So here is a little info on MoosRacing:
Moosracing has existed since 2008 when the first custom-designed plates were produced. Today we try the best way to make plates to 90% of the 1:8 market. If you can not find a bottom for your car just call us or email and we will find a solution. Season 2010 has begun and over 20% of Danish rc runs, runs with a carbon fiber bottom of Moosracing.
Moosracing is one of the world's leading manufacturers of carbon fiber plates specially designed for competitive driving range 1 / 8 buggy and truggy.

The bottom is optimized and thoroughly tested by our test riders worldwide. The base provides a better and more natural flex in the car while it is more than twice as powerful than a standard base.

The base consists of a mixture of carbon fiber, Kevlar, fiberglass and aluminum materials.Available in 3 different colours red,black and green

List of Chassi's and parts Manufactured:
Hongnor/Jammin CR-X2
Hongnor/Jammin CRT-X2
Hotbodies Nitro version
Kyosho MP9
Losi Eight 2.0
Losi Eight 2.0 E
Team Associated RC8
Hyper 9e
Plus more to possibly come.......

If you are in need of a new chassis or just after a different feel visithttp://www.moosracing.dkor email to[email protected]

I run one of MoosRacing carbon fibre chassi's.And I have noticed the better feel of the car while driving and not to mention the look of the chassi.

Feel free to ask questions and etc i will be more than happy to answer

Here are some pictures of MoosRacing chassi's
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46490.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	1471615   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49901.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	1471616   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75098.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	1471617   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qj20817.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1471618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qb37150.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	1471619   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lc47189.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	1471620  
Attached Images  
Old 07-24-2010, 06:33 AM
shano1983

Default RE: MoosRacing carbonfibre , carbon kevlar chassis and parts.

Ok guys here is the first review after testing and setting my hyper 9e on the new carbon kevlar chassi.

Recieving -just before installing everything
From completeing payment to delivery was an extremely pleasant and quick process of 2 weeks considering the chassi had to be made
Straight out of the postage box I found the chassi to be not packed in any fancy packaging but only ALOT of bubble wrap for protection(extremely well Packed)
Once i had unwrapped the chassis from the bubble wrap I realised how nice and how durable it looked.
I decided to sit the carbon fibre chassi next to the standard chassi to check if the front kick up is identical to original and it was.
All the mounting holes on the underside of the chassi are nicely predrilled and countersunk.
Areas are machined out for diff seals
When I first ordered this chassi I was abit worried bout the wear from droop screws in the lower arms on the chassi, but when I studied the new chassi I found it to have replaceable droop screw protectors directly where they are needed.
The side guards that were included are an extra nice piece of work as the original chassi never enabled or was produced with side gurads which are handy to protect all the electrical equiptment.
The chassi already comes with all carbonfibre edges nicely preglued so there is one less thing to do.
The one thing I advise is to invest in a good chassis protector that can be purchased from any local hobbyshop.

Now on to installing everything
Once fitment is done of the chassis protector you can use a body reamer to punch all the holes in the film.
I started building by putting the 2 diff seals inplace and all i can say is that it was spot on with the machining out for the seals.
I started assembling everything and once completed I realised how easy it was as all the pre drilled holes were in the right place.
They side guards mounted with minimal modiciactions, only mod needed was to the battery tray which only needed a little bit grinded of the side wall which wasnt a great big deal due to the thickness of the plastic.

Now onto testing
I found the car with the new chassis to handle extremely well with very little change in car setup.
The car handled corners far better and jumped alot nicer, but also I found the car to run alot quiter
I tested this new chassis during Australias first rc pro event which went for 2 days (16 races in total) on a quite punishing and technical track which includes a wall ride,table top, and a stop and go jump.
I had a few big hits that domolished the other crash participants car leaving mine undamaged.These hits included a nitro at full throttle hitting my car side on after I majorly over jumped a set of triples and ended up on the main straight.

The car ran all 16 races with out fault and led me to finish 15th out of 28 people for my first big meet up against some big name sponsored drivers.

Once I had packed up and left the track on the last day of racing to go home i decided as soon as I get home I will unmask the chassi from the chassis protector to investigate and repair any damage as required but I was speechless when I realised I had wasted my time peeling it of to reveal a brand new like chassis.
I would definately recommend MoosRacing to any racer who is in the need of a new chassis whether it is due to a broken one or just tunability.
I have attached a vid and some pics of the car.
Anycomments would be great cheers

video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPeehzp91eI
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86949.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1472642   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82685.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	1472643  
Old 07-24-2010, 11:06 AM
HRCules77
My Feedback: (4)

The chassis looks good. I like the green one specifically....looks sharp.

The chassis is carbon/Kevlar, right? So then I am correct in understanding that they layer Kevlar fabric in with the carbon fabric? I suppose then, that the Kevlar is used for its properties of absorbing impact, yes?
Edit: Oops! This question is answered in your post above, but in scanning it too quickly, I missed it.
Gluing the edges of the chassis was a smart move, too.
Anyway, nicely done: it's nice to see some custom CF chassis out there available for our hobby.

Do you know if they would ship internationally, like to the USA and/or Canada?
Have they expressed any interest in building other and/or custom chassis plates?

I hope this company does well in the future.
Regards.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

I wonder if they would do one for my DB-01? Just wondering but what is the price on something like this..? You know a lot of work went into this so its bound to be a little pricey.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:29 AM
JsK

Whats the weight VS the standard aluminum plate? How about the Beam and torsional rigidity VS the stock chassis?

Why dont any of these aftermarket chassis manufactures list these specs?

Come on give us some info we can use instead of " It looks cool and I think my care handles better now"
Old 07-25-2010, 07:34 PM
shano1983

ey champ yes they do ship world wide please visit the webiste or email john directly on[email protected]
C
heers
Old 07-25-2010, 07:36 PM
shano1983

Hey champ shoot john from MoosRaCING an email at[email protected]inregards to your request and see what he can do.He origanally never made a hyper 9e chassi so I sent him my original and he made the mould from it and shipped it all back together.And also you will be quite surprised on the price mine cost me $160 aus dollars
Cheers
Old 07-25-2010, 07:38 PM
shano1983

Hey inregards to this question please email John as he would know these specs straight out and I would prefer not to give out false and misleading info. I dont work for the company but am a really satisfied customer.Johns email address is[email protected]
Old 07-27-2010, 07:04 AM
shano1983

Ok guys and girls here is the list of the carbon chassis MoosRacing does
Here is a list of 1:10 and 1:8 offroad CF chassis 

Xray 808' 09
Jammin CRT X2
Jammin CR X2
Jammin SCRT
Hotbodies D8
Mugen MBX6
Mugen MBX6T
Kyosho MP9
Kyosho MP7.5
AE RC8
Losi Eight 2.0 E
Losi Eight 2.0
Losi Eight 2.0 T
Hyper 7
Hyper 9 E
Cen Matrix C1
Cen Matrix F2
Cen Matrix Arena

And I now make CF bodies for Hyper 9 E 

Also dont forget if yours is not listed Email Moosracing and work something out!!