RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC 1/8th Scale Buggies (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/)
-   -   Associated RC8 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/11044041-associated-rc8.html)

csciangula 04-16-2012 06:40 AM

Associated RC8

I'm looking to start racing and i was wondering if plastic parts are lighter than aluminum, and if there are any other things i shoud change on my stock Rc8<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"></div>

rccheech 04-16-2012 07:16 AM

RE: Associated RC8

Assuming it's the kit versoin, its pretty much ready for the track....there are upgrades that would help the durability a bit....I'm sure somebody here will chime in and give you some hints. I wish I could help further but I have never owned an AE buggy.

csciangula 04-16-2012 08:53 AM

thanks @rccheech i was wondering if i should go to aluminum for races for durability bc i have all plastic and i have little experience in races just trying to find out more.

rccheech 04-16-2012 03:19 PM

Depends on what you want to go to aluminum. like knuckles and braces are all good things, going too far may not be good though because only the next weakest part the piece is connected to will break. Just my two cents on that.ike I said there is plenty of people here that probably run the AE stuff...they can tell you what might be good or bad for it. But its not goint to hirt anthing running it the way it is.

poppincoppin 04-23-2012 04:56 PM

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.292969); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.230469); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.230469); ">Which RC8 do you have? RTR - KIT - B - 2? Upgrades like he said of knuckles shock towers and braces are good. - make sure you have the Big Bore 16mm shocks - wouldn't change much else to aluminum like mentioned it transfers the breaks to other areas which you do not want to break. The front and rear suspension arms are fine plastic because if they break they are easy to fix. Aluminum depending on force of impact can bend and are ruined anyway. Best bet is to not hit the walls or nails and you won't have to worry about much - smile attached - good luck</span>

csciangula 04-24-2012 08:08 AM

thanks i have the rc8 b and thanks all for the advice its been very helpful.

Foxy 04-24-2012 11:57 AM

Upgrade when you break. If you then bend the alloy upgrade, go back to plastic (lighter and cheaper to replace), if the alloy part holds up forever, there ya go. :)

Simples.

csciangula 04-27-2012 09:56 AM

i am also looking to get new tires what type of foam is good to run for the track.

dodge4219 09-10-2012 06:38 AM

Ok I am a little late to the party, but that is because I just got a pretty good deal on an RC8B2e at Tower Hobbies. I have wanted an 1/8 scale for sometime and figured since I have had a couple other AE products that this would handle just about anything. That and the fact I am in China where parts are a real problem, but like the states there are plenty of websites that sell AE, Traxxis and HPI. I must say though that the other thread got pretty brutal about the guy who just wanted to know what the best 1/8 buggy was! At this point they all look pretty good and can survive so I say just pick one that looks good to you...Anyways just one question. Since this thing is RTR will the stock steering servo last very long as built or should I consider upgrading the steering or servo saver or something?

Foxy 09-10-2012 07:13 AM

ORIGINAL: csciangula

i am also looking to get new tires what type of foam is good to run for the track.
Ask the folks at the track.

celica49 09-10-2012 07:33 AM

ORIGINAL: dodge4219

Ok I am a little late to the party, but that is because I just got a pretty good deal on an RC8B2e at Tower Hobbies. I have wanted an 1/8 scale for sometime and figured since I have had a couple other AE products that this would handle just about anything. That and the fact I am in China where parts are a real problem, but like the states there are plenty of websites that sell AE, Traxxis and HPI. I must say though that the other thread got pretty brutal about the guy who just wanted to know what the best 1/8 buggy was! At this point they all look pretty good and can survive so I say just pick one that looks good to you...Anyways just one question. Since this thing is RTR will the stock steering servo last very long as built or should I consider upgrading the steering or servo saver or something?

as for the servos, they will be ok for a while, especially since theyre running on lipo power in the biggy, however, I would have a spare ready in case the stock one goes bad when youre out playing. Get a good strong and quick servo and put it in your toolbox, or take the good one and install it and leave the stock one in your toolbox for emergencies

dodge4219 09-11-2012 06:30 PM

Thanks for the servo advice. I will probably get the HiTec one, I guess 7955?