RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC 1/8th Scale Buggies (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/)
-   -   Thunder Tiger EB4 G3 Electric Stock (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/11226956-thunder-tiger-eb4-g3-electric-stock.html)

HarisKhoso 09-13-2012 01:27 AM

Thunder Tiger EB4 G3 Electric Stock

Hello,
Anybody who have an experience with this Buggy. Need info on How is it as a Buggy, Top Speed , Performance & if any Upgrades needed.
I,ve just Bought One & am using 2 2S batteries in Series & got a reading with a Mobile Phone GPS on top of it 50 Km/h which i feel is a bit slow but the acceleration is mind blowing.

Any suggestion to make it run faster or better.

Thanks

Foxy 09-13-2012 01:57 AM

RE: Thunder Tiger EB4 G3 Electric Stock

Its a good durable car. If you want it to have a faster top end, just put a larger pinion gear on the motor. Out of the box it is geared like all these kinds of cars, for track running where there is no need to go over 35-40mph. As with almost all 1/8th cars it 'needs' no upgrades out of the box, except perhaps a better servo, just upgrade the parts that you break or wear out.

Haddi Taha 09-15-2012 07:01 PM

if you still want more top speed, get the hobbywing exrun 150a esc, it can handle 6s lipo which means with a new pinion gear and using the stock motor you can reach speeds of over 55mph (around 90kmh+) but that much power is very hard to put down, so upgrade the pinion gear and in the far future, get the 150a esc<div>
</div>

HarisKhoso 09-16-2012 12:04 PM

Is there a Possibility to increase top speed with out changing ESC. I,m using 2 2S PACKS which makes the car a bit heavy. I assume it will increase somewhat 10 more KM/h as now it has 50 Plus Km/h by reducing the weight & buying 1 Single pack 4S.
Will the Power to Weight Ratio effect in Top Speed as 2 Packs would be atleast 500 Grams heavier than 1 Pack?
Thanks

Haddi Taha 09-18-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: HarisKhoso

Is there a Possibility to increase top speed with out changing ESC. I,m using 2 2S PACKS which makes the car a bit heavy. I assume it will increase somewhat 10 more KM/h as now it has 50 Plus Km/h by reducing the weight &amp; buying 1 Single pack 4S.
Will the Power to Weight Ratio effect in Top Speed as 2 Packs would be atleast 500 Grams heavier than 1 Pack?
Thanks
You can always gear up but keep and eye on the ESC Temperature, I think you can reach 60km/h with gearing as I heard it undergeared.

If you like doing speed passes in a straight line alot then what you really need is a 150a esc so you can use 6s lipos, its only around $100 on ebay but it will turn your buggy into a blur, I am certain you will be impressed with it. 6s Lipos cost around $80 and up depending where you get them from.

EDIT: Here are 2 videos of eb4 g3's on 6s lipo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zryMBTL9tU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niqND...eature=related<br type="_moz" />

aknitroguy 10-07-2012 07:28 PM

Hi,
As Foxy mentioned above, your cheapest route to higher speeds are simply adding a tooth or two to your pinion gear. two 2s packs are not that much heavier than one 4s they are a bit, but not enough to make much difference. Gear it up a bit and watch your temps, and you can get it up to speed. if you really want insane speeds, then yes, you will need a 6s capable esc also mentioned above.
I put a bigger pinion on mine (2teeth) and am pleased with the speed it runs. Not sure exactly what that is, but its faster than stock and has yet to get hot.
Best regards,
Jay

HarisKhoso 10-08-2012 05:03 AM

Thanks for the input Bro,

nellschmertz 03-12-2013 07:20 PM

I have an experience to share with you guys. Once I was in a remote place, my signal in my phone got jammed, i thought the problem would be with my service provider. After coming back home i gave black and blues to my customer care highlighting my issue. They pleaded me saying that the problem is not with them. Then i browsed through the search engine regarding my issue, i got a remedy for my cell phone, there i came to know the problem called signal jamming that is experienced in most cell phones. They have a product called 4g cell phone blocker could be very useful to get rid of these problems. Check out the details here cell phone jammer and hope this information would be beneficial. Hope that u would pass this information to all your friends, so that they too would benefited, Stay safe, Cheers

Fosterthiele 04-22-2013 01:20 AM

As we all know,While the mobile phone brings great conveniences to people, it also raises new challenge on the security of confidential work. In recent years, the wiretap, cheating in examination, medical negligence and gas station explosion with mobile phone occurred and it has aroused great concern of the society. Maybe it's one of the reasons that promoted the appearance of cell phone jammer.You may be watching a nice movie or enjoying your nap when you get free for sometime. Still you have chances of getting disturbed with your most loved ones and close friend chatting near you on the cell phone. At such hours, if you really care for your free time then you need to buy a cell phone jammer.