Here's a pic with the plastic sheeting pulled off. I have to sand the ripples out from the plastic, but it wont be as hard as it seems. (Plastic was a little too thin, I think..)
Here's all of the excess cloth and resin trimmed from edges. (1:45am 4/15)
I would think if I didnt have the compound bends on the bow that the plastic would have laid flatter. The cloth would conform to the hull far better than the plastic would, and I think thicker plastic would be worse. When I put the second layer of cloth down, I'm going to cut a few slits into the plastic by the bow so I can manipulate it a little and prevent the ripples.
This is a lot easier than I thought it would be. Its just time consuming. Then again, most of the time involved is waiting for the epoxy to set up.