Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

aluminum airboats

I'm in the process of getting all tools and equipment needed to build aluminum airboats. After I build and get them to run like I'm wanting, I will have them on the web site. What is the interest in aluminum airboats? any one interested? Hoping to have the cost less than the wood hulls.
    Catch a Gator by the Tail and hang on for the Ride!
    Cajun Gator Airboats, M.AB.A

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: aluminum airboats

have any pics yet?
    outlaw rc airboats

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No pics. Just purchased a new welder, waiting on the aluminum gun to arrive. Getting ready to order a box and pan break. Still need to start on the build plans. Looking to build the hull with some shape trying to keep away from straight lines on the topside. Still lots of planning ahead of me. I have built a few .60 size aluminum airboats, now these will be larger 27cc gas.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a Lincoln Weld Pak 3200 (120v) MIG welder and I bought the aluminum welding kit for it and I love it, but I need a newArgon tank for it. with a little practice you can get very nice welds, how thick are you going to make your hulls?
    Owner of C Laser Designs
    R/C Laser Cut kits and Parts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

At the moment I have a Miller 225 Bobcat, Lincon 250 Ranger, Lincon 135 mig welder, Miller 211 mig welder and a miller 100 series spool gun. I make my living welding, been doing it for a while. I have just been building the rc boats with the burch plywood, makes repairs easer on the customer and IMO the wood hulls handle better than the aluminum. Downfall with the wood, I only use top grade 5ply+ and it is very costly, and build time is much longer.
    The last aluminum airboats I have built, I went with the .063" on these hulls I may use .070" still debating on that.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

having a alum step hull built as we speak.  going to make a mold to make fiberglass boats also. have to make me a all carbon fiber hull 
    PTR Racing Custom Airboats. I build scale fiberglass stepboat airboats.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

carbon fiber hulls are lite and strong. should make for a fast boat, just watch not to get it too lite.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have an aluminum nitro airboat with a saito 100 golden knight on it. It was built by diamondback airboats but it is 100% open so I have not had a chance to have much fun with it because I;m afraid of sinking it so I am in the process of build a teak deck in it with construction foam underneath so when not if I flip it over it it will not sink strait to the bottom. That being said Harold the only concern I would have is that the boat would have to a "deck over" style boat with some sort of foam inside to make it extra buoyant other than that I think it would be fine. For some reason though I have zero interest in gasser engines. Will you be selling a nitro sized hull and will you have one that the alligator tours metal works and engine stand will bolt directly onto? If not I personally think it would be a great idea.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think my boat is 60 mil thick but don't quote me on that I can ship itt to you or email pics if you want to look at it and throw a few ideas around.

P.S. I;m sorry I dropped off the face of the earth for a year!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: stumpjumper1280

I have an aluminum nitro airboat with a saito 100 golden knight on it. It was built by diamondback airboats but it is 100% open so I have not had a chance to have much fun with it because I;m afraid of sinking it so I am in the process of build a teak deck in it with construction foam underneath so when not if I flip it over it it will not sink strait to the bottom. That being said Harold the only concern I would have is that the boat would have to a ''deck over'' style boat with some sort of foam inside to make it extra buoyant other than that I think it would be fine. For some reason though I have zero interest in gasser engines. Will you be selling a nitro sized hull and will you have one that the alligator tours metal works and engine stand will bolt directly onto? If not I personally think it would be a great idea.
    Don't be scared of it, it does fine in the water! Very fast. Heres mine, well check out caylen17 in the gallery. The pic wont upload.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz78777.jpg 
Views:	963 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	1573529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ca81916.jpg 
Views:	86 
ID:	1573530   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jh14811.jpg 
Views:	94 
ID:	1573531  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Img_120822172635.jpeg 
Views:	131 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	1936099here is a pic of mine, has a 52cc turnigy on it 20* prop made of ,100 alum 25x43