FIRST BUILD "BLOW BOAT"

Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

FIRST BUILD "BLOW BOAT"

Old 05-18-2011, 05:15 PM
203_morris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FIRST BUILD

I just took another look at your boat I realy like the way you painted it with the blue yellow and silver , I had noticed that when my boat was running away from me I had a hard time seeing it dark color blended it with the water, mite paint the rudders yellow,,, then the boat should show up better from a distance
Old 05-19-2011, 08:22 PM
beidave

That's exactly why they are yellow a last minute change. I'm going to breakup the yellow with some other color at some point. here's a video of the boat on 3cell, I think it's good I just need to get a handle on the driving part.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TketX7dVcrY
ORIGINAL: 203_morris

I just took another look at your boat I realy like the way you painted it with the blue yellow and silver , I had noticed that when my boat was running away from me I had a hard time seeing it dark color blended it with the water, mite paint the rudders yellow,,, then the boat should show up better from a distance
Old 05-19-2011, 09:44 PM
203_morris

I just watched the video,,,wow, that ran super ,, as for the 4 cell I would 'nt even bother, it runs super on the 3 cell,, wow that was realy moving right along,, very impressive, looks good going thru the water,,need to take it easy in those corners had a couple of close calls,, other than that you did good,, sweet boat, nice boat for your first build,, your  natural...you did a realy good job on it......keep up the good work,,
Old 05-20-2011, 06:40 AM
dadkins

Sweet - looks fast enough on 3. I notice a tendancy to spin out occasionally - on one of my small light foam boats I had put a skeg that measured about 1/8" tall and 3" long tapered from nothing to 1/8", allowing it to still go over weeds and operate on grass but it improved the tracking a TON. That thing looks squirrly as heck, and the skeg may just make it 4 cell capable.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:04 PM
beidave

I tryed that skeg. Worked great I only got to run one pack thru, it I used two 800 mah packs that I had for my crawlers so there was ahandling change from the other pack which was heavier and could not move the weight back for my cog.Thanks for the help.Probably won't get any more runs in till this weekend.
ORIGINAL: dadkins

Sweet - looks fast enough on 3. I notice a tendancy to spin out occasionally - on one of my small light foam boats I had put a skeg that measured about 1/8" tall and 3" long tapered from nothing to 1/8", allowing it to still go over weeds and operate on grass but it improved the tracking a TON. That thing looks squirrly as heck, and the skeg may just make it 4 cell capable.