New build DONE

Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

New build DONE

Old 05-14-2011, 12:08 PM
203_morris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New build DONE

well its all done, best part of this swamp buggy is that it is now set up as a pusher,, but can change it over to a regular prop becuase the motor mount is reversable in about 45 minutes you can change the mount,, I realy would like to test this out ,but I build them and sell them so I will get more for this boat if I do not run it ,,once you run it ,,,it's no longer new,, its worth more as it sits ,,, the best part about this boat is it's total weight is only 8 pounds 2 oz not bad should fly right a long...
Old 05-14-2011, 12:11 PM
203_morris

Default RE: New build DONE

ORIGINAL: 203_morris

well its all done, best part of this swamp buggy is that it is now set up as a pusher,, but can change it over to a regular prop becuase the motor mount ie reversable in about 45 minutes you can change the mount,, I realy would like to test this out but I build them and sell them so I will get more for this boat if I do not run it ,,once you run it ,,,it's no longer new,, its worth more has it sits ,,, nad the best part about this boat is it's total weight is only 8 pounds 2 oz not bad should fly right a long...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83604.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	1608419   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hx32771.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1608420   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zf33946.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	1608421  
Old 05-14-2011, 12:14 PM
203_morris

well its all done, best part of this swamp buggy is that it is now set up as a pusher,, but can change it over to a regular prop becuase the motor mount ie reversable in about 45 minutes you can change the mount,, I realy would like to test this out but I build them and sell them so I will get more for this boat if I do not run it ,,once you run it ,,,it's no longer new,, its worth more has it sits ,,, nad the best part about this boat is it's total weight is only 8 pounds 2 oz not bad should fly right a long...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12917.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	1608422   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lc48159.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1608423   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12917.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	1608424   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lc48159.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1608425  
Old 05-14-2011, 12:19 PM
*delete M i k e u p delete*

Did you toe-in on rudders about 1/8" at the top and get rid of wooden prop before you splinter an eye after water hits the prop.? I just asked is all about toe-in and wooden props. I'll make sure i avoidany of your postings, whew!
Old 05-14-2011, 05:10 PM
203_morris

Hey, I have ran wooden props on these swamp buggys 6 times and never splintered one single prop ,,I have no faith in those plastic props ,, you know us old timers perfer the wooden prop , For me they run a lot better than those plastic jobbers,, and I have never lossed a wood prop,in any of my planes or boats, who ever buys it thats there choice,,, we know where I stand as for props,,,, sorry you disagree,, and I dont toe in any of my rudders,, they run perfect just the way I sell them this is my third air boat the other two I sold owners love them ,, if they want to tune them in ,their free to do that as long as they pay for it,, I have no problem selling these air boats,,they go like hot cakes,, next one I build will have afan turbine on it ,,
Old 05-14-2011, 06:56 PM
beidave

Looks nice, very nice. What did you use on the hull,Paint,resin both whats your setup?also what type of flex cable is that looks alot better than the product I used. Great build!!
Old 05-15-2011, 08:20 AM
Pako2132

http://cgi.ebay.com/Airboat-Custom-B...item3367c3e01b

I see you are selling it.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:41 AM
203_morris

yes , I used 2 coats of fiberglass resin and 2 coats of lusterkote paint,,,sail blue,,the flex cable is called Accu-glide nylon push rods,,they work very well never bind,water proof, a bit hard to set up ,but well worth the effort,,and super lite.I have a brand new traxxas TQ3 radio reciever,standard servo for throttle and high torque servo for rudders, all new just out of the box,,
Old 05-15-2011, 09:43 AM
203_morris

Yea, $450.00 and I will ship it to you free, even give you a better deal if you pick it up localy...free shipping united states only ,not counting P.R / Hawii
Old 05-16-2011, 06:44 AM
dadkins

60 mph ???? yeah right. No way.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:56 AM
203_morris

yea your right probbly not, but it might, but then again I guess we wont know un till I sell it ,I have it listed on a few sites so we'll see when it sells,,,either way it only weighs less than 9 pounds thats a big advantage right there,
Old 05-17-2011, 02:53 AM
asmithnc

I see you have changed your mind on your speed predictions from 60mph to 50 mph. Even at 50mph I believe this is false advertising. The old saying buyer beware is very true who ever is dealing with you. You need to focus on the custom part of the building and not the actual claims given. The only thing you are going to do is disappoint because we all know it will not do the 50-60 you CLAIM.

I don't care what the OLD timers say about your so called better performance WOOD props. They are dangerous and put APC in the box when you send it. All you are going to do is hurt someone due to a your lack of knowledge.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:42 AM
203_morris

ok dude, I pulled the add on the boat,I ordered a three bladed nylon prop, nylon just for you,, and as far as speed im going to take it to thepond this weekend and strap a gps to it, and if it hits 50 whichI am betting it will,,, you can wollow in your negativity,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have a big swamp buggy with a os 65 and it has a wooden prop and it has been on this boat for 4 years and ran it 50 times and not even has a nick in it ,and if anyone is going to get hurt from it ,,,it would be me becauseI run my boat by my self no oneI know within 200 miles from me has one andI do not run it where there is any one or anything can possibly get hurt ,, and I have sold 3 boats and no one has gotten hurt,,and I Iknow for a fact that 2 boats I have sold they still use the wooden prop so mabe you need to look at your abundance of knowledge.........before you criticize mine.............
Old 05-17-2011, 05:04 AM
asmithnc

Not negative just a realist. Thankyou for changing the props. I wish you all the luck in the world on your attempt. I will be the first to say I was wrong but I hate false claims. You never know I might buy it!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:37 AM
dadkins

I might buy it if it hits 50.I appologize I started the bash here - lets try to keep it possitive Think happy thought like.... out running the boat and you do the perfect full throttle power slide ahhh, nice.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:04 AM
asmithnc

and I have sold 3 boats and no one has gotten hurt,,and I Iknow for a fact that 2 boats I have sold they still use the wooden prop so mabe you need to look at your abundance of knowledge.........before you criticize mine.............

I'll try to be positive since i have pushed your buttons. I have many years vs. your 3-4 boat and If I need to explaind the dangers of woodens props than I waisting my time.

Just remember this...... YOU came here claiming 78 mph not ME. If memory serves me correct you said this boat would meet or beat that speed. You simply opened the door with that false claim and I simply shut it. Next time just GPS it and film it. It's easy and PROVES any claim. If you use the RCAA guide lines you will not have a problem with any of us. If you hit 50 mph I'll be next in line because it's not that easy.

http://www.rcairboats.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=49
Old 05-17-2011, 06:26 AM
203_morris

this is to all , who had a mixed words in this post,, I can understand where you are all coming from, if I did'nt I never would have changed the prop ,,and I am not going to argue over nylon or wood,, In all fairness I can see the concern in using a wood prop on water,,, even if I have never had or seen a wood prop malfuntion, as for guessing at mph you got me there,, your right should not be guessing,,, and there are no hard feels toward all the negativity,,I only build these boats to sell ,I enjoy building them ,, I sell them so I can build another one there not cheap to build ,,and if I run the boat before I sell it , then I loose value in it, from now on I will pay more attention on the build than the out come,, so I can understand how you all feel ,and I apologize ,no hard feels ...

Now can we all just get along............
Old 05-17-2011, 06:50 AM
203_morris

Iwas not talking about this boat,,I am building another sawmp buggy with a 80 fan trubine , still in the works ,,this boat is one to sell for money to finish my other boat,,, and yes I have set a goal ...for a record,, and I have purchased a hand held gps ,, give me some time and I hope to proveyou wrong, and it is true this is only my 4 th build in air boats,,but I have had 8 deep vee's with one of which had a chain saw motor ,and 2 cats, I'm not new at this,, and again as for wood over nylon ,, wood seems to (me) to perform a lot better, they dont flex,,,, but I'm not going to argue over wood or nylon, so dont go there with me,,, and as far as RCAA I dont even know what they are about. I live on a farm in ct and I have a pond in my field ,this is the only place I run my boats,, I only do this hobby for my gradification, not for others,, it does'nt matter to me if anyone beleives me or not,,I had a statetrooper one time with a radar and it did read 78 ,, with a radar gun ,,I'm only stating what I seen ,as for proof ,now you made it a bit more exciting,, I'll try it your way by your rules.,,give me some timeon my other build, I'm sure it willimpress all of you,,,,if it dose'nt I'll leave this site with no hard feelings.................and I will look into the RCAA

Old 05-17-2011, 07:24 AM
203_morris

just checked out the RCAA guide lines ,,beware some one is out for you record,,,,

Old 05-17-2011, 08:13 AM
dadkins

That's what I like to see - a little friendly competition.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:25 AM
asmithnc

Question: you are going to prove me wrong with a 80 Fan Turbine? I've never commented on this idea. Jet turbine / duct fan engine ?????

My comment was towards this post. The 72mph claim... I need to edit my above 78mph. You should have corrected me. We sometimes forget what we have posted.

you guys need to see what a dumas swamp buggy can do with a thunder tiger pro 90 on it with a14x6 prop and only weighs 8pounds
As for your newest BSB with the 52 Magnum. Bring it! I have a little flatty with a .46 thats ready for some fun.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:49 AM
203_morris

well lets start clean here,, I read the RCAA rules and guide lines,, and it said it had to be pushed or pulled by prop power, so I think that leaves out turbine or does it, tricky question,, after all a turbine has a fan prop on it ,, but i'll let RCAA judge that call and as for your flatty ,let me take the BSB out on the pond sat, and see what it will do,, as for your record enjoy it ...it won't be yours much longer,, I'm going to brake that record even if I have to put a V8 on a sardine can........... now this is going to be fun..............Old wise tail (IFTHEYISAWILL...THERE"SAWAY)...........have a nice day.......
Old 05-17-2011, 12:29 PM
asmithnc

Old 05-17-2011, 03:04 PM
71dartswinger

his flattie with a 46 outruns my sidewinder with a thunder tiger 61
Old 05-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Selph-Inflicted

I have seen many BSB in my time. And have yet to see one that has hit any of the speeds that you have claimed. A radar gun shooting a small target on the water is not accurate at all with the refraction off the waters surface. Just because you seen 70+ on the display does not mean that was the exact speed.

A good friend of mine (passed away now) use to have several BSB before we met. After he tried one of my hulls, he never went back to the BSB due to the performance difference. I also know that there is a first time for everything. So I look forward to seeing what the GPS says when you take it to the pond.

I would not take the previous comments from others as a bashing but rather take it as others speaking from personal experience. When one makes claims, especially on the internet, one must be able to back them up and/or show proof. In my opinion, 50 mph with a .52 nitro on a BSB will be a feat in itself, even with a .61 its gonna be tough.

Good luck on your adventure. We'll be looking forward to the footage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.