New Step Hull Ride

Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

New Step Hull Ride

Old 12-29-2011, 08:10 AM
rcairboater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Step Hull Ride

Nice engine builds. What do you use for water pumps?
Old 12-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Big Block Glock

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The OS-320 is air cooled. How ever the Conley V-8 is water cooled but these V-8 motors are on a 1-year + wait to get and are around $6500 each and i dont exactly have the money for that LOL. I would just like to build them for the total scale look that is operational. But to keep in mind that with both of these motors they are 4-stroke meaning that more than likely when you dip them for the first time you'll most likely ruin some valves. So needless to say you would have to go and find some skinny to run them in.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:38 AM
jetG23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Big block, where do you get the reverse rotation module that you are talking about ?
Old 11-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Big Block Glock

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry This Reply took forever. Been working over 60 hours a week for ayear solid now. To further answer the questionDesert Aircraft has a reverse rotation module. Pricy I might add. However if you use a common 2-Stroke Motor and stick with Beila Props you will find that it will be cheaper and most likely more effective. I am kinda pissed at myself for letting these sit now for what is over 2 years. This last weekend I ended up parting ways with my Black and Purple Boat.... Sad, Sad Day... But just goes to show you the reliability of these motors especially if "You Do Proper" Storage Maintenance such as Totally clearing the Carb and motor of fuel then Fogging the Cylinder, that as sure as that I got it primed it fired off and ran like nobodys business.