Newer 26cc homelite?

Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Newer 26cc homelite?

Old 10-08-2012, 05:21 PM
dmunoz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newer 26cc homelite?

Has anybody used the newer 26cc homelite with the angled bottom case. Any help wold be great new to this but look like a blast.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:41 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Default RE: Newer 26cc homelite?

ORIGINAL: dmunoz

Has anybody used the newer 26cc homelite with the angled bottom case. Any help wold be great new to this but look like a blast.
The airplane guys as well as the airboat guys will tell you the Homelite 26cc is not worth trying to convert and use on anything. They are very difficult to mount, and are not all that powerful. I had seen a picture of a motor mount for a Homelite 26cc engine, but it wasn't very strong (it was 3/16" or 1/8" aluminum sheet cut and bent to mount "square" to a firewall. I cannot find the picture anymore, but as I said.. The 26cc isn't worth using. You're better off with a 30-33cc Homelite, or a 21-30cc Echo. The Echo engines are higher quality and make more power. I'd suggest finding one of those instead.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but these Homelites are cheap for a reason.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:31 PM
dmunoz

Thanks that's why I ask don't want to tear it down for nothing what about a McCullough 28cc engine, have one of them to.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:09 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts

ORIGINAL: dmunoz

Thanks that's why I ask don't want to tear it down for nothing what about a McCullough 28cc engine, have one of them to.
McCulloch engines are pretty decent. I am not a big gasser guy myself, I run glow engines mostly. BUT, I know a few guys that like the McCulloch engines.

There's an airboat specific forum you find interest in... http://www.rcairboats.net/phpBB/index.php All airboats, all the time. There's several gasser guys there, with lots of info.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:50 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

the 28cc McCullloch is a decent engine although heavy, I have the 32cc version in an Ultra Stick Lite 120 and it's a blast, my favorite plane by far, I ported it and it has just enough power for the plane. As is the Mac engines are heavier than an old 25/30cc Homelite but are similar in the power departent although they don't like the rev's as much but are torquy.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:38 AM
NCWalrus

I'm working on a Homelite 25cc airboat project myself. It's my first ever RC project and I'm sticking to the Homelite given a got a running weedeater for $30. I've seen some videos of fully built Homelite 25cc boats and they look to do the trick. Any help/opinions are appreciated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8779851...7631732140258/

Good luck with your build OP and share your progress!