Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

areo surface drifter

Just ordered the surface drifter first time doing a foam build did a swamp buggy 20 years ago.
    Been running a mini summit on nimh but it seems i will have to go lipo for this build not to sure
    A sub c 6cell will work well the max prop size is 7 inch any help or advise is welcome.
    Jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: areo surface drifter

Any help on my first foam build?????
    Jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm not familiar with this Surface Drifter. Go Lipo like the site you have ordered it from suggests. Running on the grass is one thing but water is another. I say choose the bigger motor, esc and battery as suggested. Spend the extra money on all the required equipment to support the lipo. I'd be cautious with this product just because they only show it on the ground and not in the water.
    Member of the RCAA
    Custom Rudder Works

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: asmithnc

I'm not familiar with this Surface Drifter. Go Lipo like the site you have ordered it from suggests. Running on the grass is one thing but water is another. I say choose the bigger motor, esc and battery as suggested. Spend the extra money on all the required equipment to support the lipo. I'd be cautious with this product just because they only show it on the ground and not in the water.
    I have seen it on water but it is very light and water is not my main choice buzing the yard and fields r where i will b runnibg it knowing it will cross water if need b should b fun as it is my First foam build...
    Jim