Well, I went with some orange flames at the bow and the front of the rudder. I know the flames don't look that great but I couldn't find my templates so I tried to make some and it didn't turn out quite as I'd hoped, plus the paint seemed awful thin. So, the boat is officially finished...Despite the crappy Dumas plans and very poor quality of the wood, this was overall an enjoyable build and a good start at getting back into the hobby after several years. Thanks to those who have commented and followed my build progress....I will still post a video of it on water once can get to the pond. I plan to find another boat in the future and give a build a try again.
Last edited by shawn32671; 09-23-2013 at 11:30 AM.