Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

I know this is not the area , but ....

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 09:53 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know this is not the area , but ....

First , let me apologize for posting this here , but I figured I would get a better response here , than posting in the FOR SALE section , since this is for a kid looking to get into RC airboats .

So here is the question :

Does anyone have either an old radio system , or a am 27 MHz Tx , or a 75 am Rx that they would be willing to sell cheap ? The sale would be to me , but for him . I have an odd Rx that is 27 Mhz and a spare 75 AM Tx but need either mates to one of them , or a cheap older system , just to get this fellow started out with .
We are building a airboat together and are needing radio gear to finish it off . We have ( or I should say - I have ) all the other needed items , just radio gear .

Anybody ? The fellow is 16 yrs old . He seen me and a buddy running ours and got REALLY interested . I told him that I could and would help him if he wanted and thought that was the end of it . But , I was wrong , he followed me up on my offer and I have been looking all over ( on EBAY and here in RCU for sale section ) , but have not come up with anything yet .
The hull is just a basic flat bottomer running a ENYA 19 that I had laying around . ( LOL - he wanted one of my 40's , but I told him sorry , had plans for those ... LOL )
Anyway ... again , if I got anyone upset by posting this here , I sincerely do apologize but I thought here would be best .

THanks

Robert
Old 03-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Model_Mann

Default RE: I know this is not the area , but ....

i have a cheap wall-mart brand reciever with the remote, i dont know if it's what your looking for but ill post pics when i get home from school tonight,
Old 03-08-2004, 11:00 AM
brother

Hey Terbo, I have an old 75mhz rx 2 ch, but it uses the old g? style plugs, with the male pins on the plugs. I also have the servos that go with it. But I don't have the batt. case that goes with it. If you cover postage they're yours. Oh yea... the antenna was trimmed down for use with a base mount antenna on my tunnel hull.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:51 PM
pro27

Terbo.........I wish I had something to help you out, sorry[]

I have no problem with your posting this request here. It's for a good cause and you have no gains to be made (other than someone to mentor[8D][8D][8D])
We should all be that lucky to have that opportunity.