Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Tuned pipe question

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 11:36 PM
doctoreagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuned pipe question

Just got a tuned pipe for my OS .25la, and the only way to get it to fit was to install a 45 degree elbow between the header and pipe. Will this still work and will the metal to metal contact interfere with anything??

The pipe is aluminum and the elbow is copper. The thing that is really bothering me is I don't want to decrease to performance by having a bend in it after the header, but I have no choice.

Hopefully it will be better than the stock muffler. Other problem is it sticks out a bit so now I have to be more careful with it and not roll it.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:02 AM
playtime56
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tuned pipe question

Hi doctoreagle-- the angle in your pipe may cost you a little, but it'll still outperform a muffler. The real problem is the metal to metal contact, it will drive your radio nuts!!When any 2 metal parts rub together they generate a radio signal. Better look up a silicone sleeve before you take. her out.
Gordy