Dumas Swamp Buggy

Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Dumas Swamp Buggy

Old 09-29-2010, 08:26 AM
ruyblas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dumas Swamp Buggy

Thank you Controlliner. I was just trying to imitate the original design from Dumas. Nothing special here. Just used cans of paint and masking tape cut in small stripes.

1QwkSport2.5r , I guess the wooden propeller are lighter but not as strong as the nylon and composite ones.

Thank you crispyspa. I will try your advice.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:41 AM
ruyblas

Test
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pm34669.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	431.4 KB
ID:	1508388  
Old 09-29-2010, 05:03 PM
rudder turns

Hi Guys, I had a large dumas swamp buggy years ago.Flat top with a bubble canopy,painted bright Yellow.I built two separate 8 oz gas tanks into the hull,tied together like one tank An old Enya 60 inverted,tractor position,a perry pump,with much larger over the top rudders.
At full throttle I made a 180 Degree turn in about 14 feet.The 1st runs It took off,I had to put on a aluminum spoiler in the front.In windy weather it had to be going fast to over come weather vanning. The only problem is that I sold It like a jerk,I sure miss It.[:@]Thanks Ed
Old 03-15-2016, 05:19 AM
Swede520

How about enlarging a Swamp Buggy to take,say a 25cc gasser? I have a Dumas Swamp buggy that I run an O.S. 65. Hauls ass!
Old 03-17-2016, 02:48 AM
Got RPM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

Dude, it's a six-year-old thread (actually 12 years old). Start your own, you'll get more replies.

Your first post in the new thread - which Swamp Buggy you have. I doubt it is the 28" version with that size motor.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:16 AM
Swede520

Dude! LOL,wasn`t that big a deal for me..Might be a 12 yr old thread,but it got you back on here..I have enough planes to build for me to even think about enlarging one anyway..Thought it would be cool..Spur of the moment thought anyway,sorry.