no , no change
15.38%
yes , but for the better
7.69%
yes , but for the worse
0%
not sure ,,,, haven't been here long enough to tell
0%
who cares ? lets just get back to it ...
30.77%
change ??? what change ???
46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Forum changed ??? OR ?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 08:25 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum changed ??? OR ?????

Has the airboat section "basics" changed ... or is it just me ?
Where are the "originators" ?
Did they leave for similiar reasons ?
Old 12-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Forum changed ??? OR ?????

I dunno either Bob. You've been around enough web sites to know that certain ones take on their own character after a while. I never paid a whole lot of attention to this forum until I took the Mod job.
It's not that I don't have an interest in them, it's just that there isn't a lot of airboats up here where I live.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:42 PM
brother

Hey Terbo, I was wondering the same thing, I have been working 70 hrs a week for the last four months. I've been helping to build new dry kilns for the company I work for, oh... and looking for and buying a new house. I just started coming back to see what's up. I hope everyone comes back, I thought we had a pretty good group here.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:07 PM
Selph-Inflicted

Has the airboat section "basics" changed ... or is it just me ?
Where are the "originators" ?
Did they leave for similiar reasons ?
What changes have you seen?
Who are the "originators" you are referring to?
Old 12-05-2004, 01:01 AM
playtime56

Someone correct me if I'm wrong,, but I believe I remember reading that this Airboat Forum was started at the request of Pro 27. We can easily check with Mark to verify that. He is more involved in his church activities is one reason he is not around as much. I, for one, miss him. He always has a helpful hint or tip to share when you have a problem. I believe I remember Terbo saying that he might go drive truck for a while , glad to see him back. Brother was always working and regaling us with stories of his cutting board airboat (streetboat?). Now I see he is back. Great!!Dadaddyro and Haljmac are still around most of the time, although both have their own sites to maintain too. I presume that a lot of the guys who came here for info got it and have been airboating all summer, at least that's what I've been thinking. Time will tell. I probably should post more but it seems when I have an answer it's already been given. To sum it up, I think Life just happened and we'll pick back up with the advent of cooler weather. Best to ya'll!!! Let's have fun!!!
Gordy
Old 12-05-2004, 08:11 AM
brother

Hey Gordy, I'm glad to be back... hopfully things will get back to normal for me here. Nothing against the newer people here but it would be great to see and here from the ones that were here when I first came to the site. This is a good place and I hope it continues to be.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Sharkhunter

I read somewhere else that Pro27 has had computer problems and some other issues that haven taken alot of his time.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:38 PM
playtime56

Hey Brother,
Welcome back!! How's that cutting board doing? That whole idea just blew me away. If I ever spy a "proper" size cutting board I'm gonna have to try that. Anyway, it's good to see you have a little time for some fun now!!! Best to ya!!!
Gordy
Old 12-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Selph-Inflicted

Not sure if I'm one of the "originators" or not....but I have some posting under my wings here. [8D]

With the 2 hurricanes hitting my area here in Florida work has been real busy.
We are working seven(teen) days a week down here right now trying to get our area back in shape. And when I'm not working on other homes, I'm working on mine. Gotta replace my privacy fence, build a storage shed, reroof the house, I'm converting the garage into living space soon which means I'll be purchasing a 12'x14' work shed to do all my airboat building in, which will have to be insulated and drywalled to accomodate A/C...gotta have that climate control!!

Plus my site takes up some time also....built quit a few boats in the last few months.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:33 PM
brother

Hey Gordy, The last time I had it out was at our local airport... I was showing the guys I fly with how it ran. They couldn't beleive their eyes, although they weren't suprised at all that I came up with something like that. It still runs great!, the board I used is 12x18. I should be around on a regular basis now.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:37 PM
brother

Hey double dad, Know how you feel... hope things go well. I'm in the proccess of building a workbench in my garage. Good luck and see ya around.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:58 PM
Selph-Inflicted

My pleasure to meet you Brother. Looking forward to interacting.

I too liked the cutting board boat. I use to run some sheet metal boats down the pavement also. They can get pretty fast on pavement!
Here is a link to a video I shot earlier in the year. I had an old metal hull lying around...(got to thinking about when we scooted them down the road)....so I grabbed the set up off the "BLS" and went out to reminise. The set up isn't as fast as the boats in the past. The "BLS" set up put too much downforce in the middle of the hull...acting as a break. It wore through after about 3 tanks.....it was better way of trashing the hull. My "Green Hornet" would scream down the pavemnet with ease.
http://rcairboats.net/v-web/gallery/...unner/RRV1.wmv
Old 12-06-2004, 12:01 PM
brother

Hey double D, Looks like you have a good place to run the streets... I like it, it's a good way to feed the addiction without having to look for water. Now that I have more time I will have to look for a body of water close to the new house. The big thing is to get back to building boats, I'm almost done with my work bench (YEA!)and then maybe I'll get around to building the Canard hull that I had started. I'm still not sure if it will work for an airboat but it's worth trying. Also I thought about trying to simulate a turbine without actually having a turbine (hairbrained idea I'm sure).