RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

BIG SWAMP BUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 09:49 PM
pete_f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG SWAMP BUGGY

Hey Adam....

Yes I have just run a pressue line from the pipe to the lower tank and it works very well, when I was runing in the engine I was having a great deal of problems getting the fuel to draw up.....so I had to add the pick up, for me this was the best way to get a constant fuel supply.

Also re the frothy fuel I have been told that adding a small amount of silicon can help!

Pete
Old 03-17-2005, 01:13 AM
xenocide

Hey pete_f, i'm just building my dumas big swamp buggy, (had it around sence highschool) and was wondering if you had made the horizontal stabilizer so they were removable? I'm not sure if they would need to be...

I'm definatly going to use nice ball-socket connections for the tie-arm or whatever you would call those... That is what got me looking online for solutions at first when I got to that part in the plans.

major1: if you still need the plans, I can scan them for you and put them on online. Not that they help much. haha.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:17 PM
pete_f

Hi Matt

Not sure what you mean by "horizontal stabilizer" if you are refering to the rudders.....yes they can be removed, but that is just the nature of the hinges that I used (nylon with a piano wire though the centre) did not like the way Dumas designed it brrrrrr. The ball and socket set up works very well.....made it easy to keep the rudders parallel, can not remember who makes them I think it was "Dubro". Matt thanks for the compliment re the boat I am very happy with how it turned out, if I can be of any help don't hesitate to ask!!

PS Matt I'll take a scanned copy of the plans if that is ok.....I have misplaced mine!!!

Pete_f
Old 03-23-2005, 10:52 AM
Weside

how much do yall usually buy them boats for?
Old 04-06-2005, 06:50 PM
gatorsnot

Hey guys , Just starting to get my get my boats back on the water had some down time for too long , so on Pete F's boat looks like the enigine tower is plastic . Is that what dumas supplies in the kit now (just curious) ? sorry if I'm behind the times but been out of it for awhile . My boat is all wood and my plans are buried in a box in the attic somewhere since I moved here I so if anyone can give me the rudder dimensions I would really appreciate it ..
Old 04-12-2006, 11:00 AM
knbaudio

I also just bought a 31 in dumas swamp boat and need plans to finish if anyone has them my email is [email protected] thank you
Old 08-07-2006, 10:47 PM
xenocide

i put the plans up if anyone else wanted them also::

[link=http://matthardwick.net/misc/dumas_big_swamp_buggy/]dumas big swamp buggy plans[/link]
Old 08-13-2006, 11:29 PM
brittcrowell

xenocide!

THANKS!

I was just going to ask for those. You beat me to it!

And yes those plans do suck!

I was mesuring known part on my screen to known parts on what i got , to get an idea of the demensions of the rudders are.

When I got mine it had a brass water rudder. More on that to come in another post.

AGAIN THANKS xenocide!

Britt
Old 01-23-2007, 07:01 AM
lusk096

hi jest got my self the big swamp buggy from dumas what is every one using for paint. i saw some wood boat kids using dopes and a clear coat. what is gonna be best and will the dopes work. also is it better to have the engine a little more forward or back on the engine stand for tracking. im gonna be trying a O.S. .71 four stroke with pump. planing on running a 11/8 2 blade prop my dad suggested for that engine. any other tricks or tricks for this boat go ahead and email me at [email protected]
Old 01-24-2007, 08:16 PM
rickburnout666

If anybody is having trouble getting pressure in the tank and fuel to the carb because the tank is low, try one of these,
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=010
if you cant get them here try your local fish tank shop
they are not made for this use but they keep the pressure in the tank and the fuel feeds the carb better, i have tried them on my SC .40 and had the tank 5 inches lower than the carb intake, without the valve the engine ran only a short time as it was starved of fuel, then i fitted the valve and fired the engine up, and it stayed running at various speeds until the 4oz tank ran dry. for 99p you get 3, I think that is money well spent. these things work so well i got 9 for myself (bought the company lol)
Just connect the end that says IN to the exhaust pressure pipe and the OUT end to the carb feed pipe
Old 01-25-2007, 11:11 AM
sparky04901

I AM BUILDING ONE OF THESE BOATS. I WOULD LIKE TO USE SOME SORT OF MECHANICAL LINKAGE FOR STEERING AND THROTTLE CONTROLS. CAN YOU RECOMMEND ANY SPECIFIC COMBINATION OF PARTS I COULD USE TO ACCOMPLISH THIS?
Old 01-25-2007, 12:45 PM
saleens7

what you are looking for is a pushrod

a solid metal rod....youll also need Z bend pliers to make a Z shaped bend so it can hook onto the servo arm and the horn attached to the rudder

edit: look at next post, i have the links to what you need
Old 01-25-2007, 12:46 PM
saleens7

this and this

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXL475&P=ML PLIERS

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXK059&P=ML PUSHROD
Old 02-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Jesus is my Co-Pilot

Hey guys,

I recently dug out my partially assembled Big Swamp Buggy kit, and I'm currently in the process of reconstructing some missing pieces. I'll be building this kit over the coming weeks, and eventually fitting a K&B .65 onto it. Does anyone here have experience installing an engine of this size on the kit? Will any modifications of the stock engine tower be necessary? How much prop should I swing for maximum speed? What's the biggest fuel tank I could use in this kit?

Also, I was thinking about attaching metal to the bottom or some type of skids so that I can run it over snow or mud without damaging the hull. I suppose I would need to use copper flashing or something similar(pliable and rust resistant), does anyone have suggestions on keeping the installation water-tight?

I'm relieved that I can still find information on this boat here, and it's encouraging to see others still running strong! If you have a boat like this sitting around, snap a picture and show it off! I'm trying to think up paint schemes for mine, and it's always great to get some new ideas.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:34 PM
jasperrc

Not sure about the prop or engine mount questions, but for snow and ice running, I would attach a piece of coroplast to the bottom of the hull for protection. Cheap, tough, light, and easy to add and remove.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:47 PM
lusk096

engine i just mounted a os ultimate 70. the mounts from kit look like they work fine so far im planing to reinforce alittle with fiberglass after i glass the boat. and boat doesnt have much space for a big prop might be able to squeez a 12 inch on it but can always add some blades im starting with a 11 x8 pitch 3 blade for my os fourstroke after i finish boat and get good look might try and squeez a 12 inch on. pictures will be coming up after i get it painted
Old 08-05-2007, 12:04 PM
vamp131

hi just found your post was looking on google to find what rpm my engine has got it is an asp 61 !

I have found a graupner 11 by 7 makes my boat go like a bat out of hell a normal 11 by 7 is okay and a 11by 8 is slow but the graupner

11by7 is the best i have found so far i have a 3 blade but not tried it yet but at full throttle she go,s very very fast here is a link to my last run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kHIhG9uF6A
Old 11-22-2007, 11:54 AM
n8mkr

I know it is only three years later, but care to post some more pix of your swamp buggy? It would be cool to see that airfiol and hear about your results with it.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:55 PM
xenocide

I put those plans back up, ( they must have been down for a while after I moved the site to another server).
So that link should work again now.

ORIGINAL: xenocide

i put the plans up if anyone else wanted them also::

[link=http://matthardwick.net/public/dumas_big_swamp_buggy/]dumas big swamp buggy plans[/link]
Old 02-18-2008, 02:54 PM
warbirdmustang
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone tell me how to resize the plans on this link so my printer doesn't cut them off? I have tried everything I know to try, and can't make it fit the paper.
Thanks,
Bryan
Old 02-18-2008, 04:17 PM
warbirdmustang
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never mind fellas, I figured it out! Thanks,
Bryan
Old 03-19-2008, 07:33 PM
hpiguy

I should really dig this bad boy out of storage and build mine finally.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:27 PM
knbaudio

hey guys i have one that i'm going to take to the last swap meet on the year down here in florida i just primed the hull because the paint job was looking bad the clear coat that was use by the guy who airbrushed it for me started cracking and flaking off. it has a os.61 on it just needs a radio and paint the motor stand and radio hatch is still orange. if anyone looking for one i had three of these but i got to make room for new boat and boat that i haven't been able to get off the floor. my email is [email protected] let me know thank kyle
Old 08-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Richard Byers

Hi Ballgunner:

My friend and I both want to build the Dumas swamp bugy and I was wondering if you still had the plans and could we get a set from you? We would cover the cost to you if you could help us out.

Richard
Old 08-18-2008, 08:26 PM
WFOWRX

Richard B., are you still looking for plans? Email me [email protected].
Greg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.