Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

1/2 A engines .... someone ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 09:56 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/2 A engines .... someone ??

Man ......
Its days like this when I wished I would have listened to the wife ... [&o]
She wants us to build a home on the land we own down in MO , in Gainsville , which is 4 miles north of Mountain Home , AR .... just think , not only would I be out there on the lake, BUT .... with it being crystal clear ....
Shoot , instead I had to be stubborn and stay here ...[&o]

( Gainsville - south by 3 degrees southwest of you EAS ... right at the border line )
Old 01-15-2005, 10:35 PM
eas___1990

you would have been very close to boatman in branson if i it is where i think it is
Old 01-16-2005, 02:19 PM
boatman1

hey its hasnt been to bad down here yet this winter not even a good dusting
of snow to run on yet [&o] plus the temp hasnt got below 16 f either
if you come down this way Terbobob let me know maybe we can get some
run time in [8D] & watch this hillbilly run [sm=bananahead.gif][sm=drowning.gif]
im just 10 miles from branson
Old 01-18-2005, 08:53 AM
Model_Mann

shoot you guys that is nothin, lol j/k up here in wis. the temp at 8 am has been anywhere from -10 to -25 degrees, brrrrrrr[&:], jus thinking about that makes my teeth chatter,

weve been having weird weather up here, it/ll be really cold one day and the next day or 2 it will be 40 and rain then the next day it'll be -10 again and my driveway could double as a skating rink, (hummmmm [&:] mabe i could sell tickits and raise more muny for my next boat hull) other than that it's been really weird up here,

hey terbo remember the black air-boati made that had the blue flames on her, well i've almost got her finished, all i have to do is put the rudder on and attach the electronics, it moves really fast on the snow tho (i tied a string to the back before i put the rudder and electronics on tuned her up and opened the throtle all the way and let her go, she goes pretty good, plowed right up and over a snow bank that was about a foot tall, if you cant remember she has an enya .19 runnin her, but she works pretty good.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:04 AM
TERBObob

Good deal ... now get her done , so that in case that string breaks , you don't have to do your morning excerise in the cold ( running down the block after her trying to catch her - )
AND ... take some pics of her and post them .
I ran the little TOY BOX the other day in a friend of mine , who is a farmer and has a LARGE watering trough for his cows ... ( guys still laughing his butt off ... )
Engine has too much torque and boat flipped sideways VERY shortly after I started running her . ( MAN , was that water COLD ! ! ![] )
Got her home , dried her out , and after was sure that the engine was ok , went and added rigger sponsons to her rear section .
Old 01-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Model_Mann

my brain is still a little sketchy on what sponsons are, are they the pontoon like thingys that stick out from the sides to add stability,

what size engin are you runnin on the toy box, it seems as if you tried to stick the biggest engin you could on there, (absolutely nothing wrong with that must go faster [>:][>:][>:][>:])

i would stick huge engines on my boats to but all i have is my enya .19 and really dont have enough munys to buy me a big one (i would love to find an os .61 for a nice cheap price then i could go really really really fast[>:][>:][>:][>:], then ultimately crash and burn, then cry a lot , but it would be really funny , ) i have a sick sense of humor when it comes to destroying things. lol

i found some plans on http://cajungatorairboats.com/v-web/...topic.php?t=54, this it the link to the page that i got them from, has anyone used this set of pland before, i would like to see the boat completely built before i finish it so i know im doing it right, dont want to have an unfortunate accident.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:05 PM
TERBObob

yes .. those are sponsons .... those sticky-outy-thingy-ma-gigs on those FAST boats called RIGGERS .
What size engine ? actually , its quite small . Its a OS 12 buggy engine ( and THERES the reason for the speed ... a buggy 12 WAY over rev's an airplane engine AND has more HP for the same size engine ... But hey ... gotta have that need for speed feeling - if ya know what I mean )
Actually , bigger , doesn't always means faster ... just usually means more HP .
Old 01-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

You guys sure are getting technical in here!
We have a saying around here that kind of goes with overpowering something but I can't repeat it here. It has to do with putting 10# of something in a 5# bag.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Model_Mann

i found some plans on http://cajungatorairboats.com/v-web/...topic.php?t=54, this it the link to the page that i got them from, has anyone used this set of pland before, i would like to see the boat completely built before i finish it so i know im doing it right, dont want to have an unfortunate accident.