How heavy??

Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

How heavy??

Old 03-01-2005, 10:27 PM
BigGEOFF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How heavy??

i just got finished with my first airboat build and i got it out running today until i hit the tree. (just a shadered prop and some broken siding on the house from the prop. a prop cage is on there now, but wasnt on there b4). BUt i have to say it was a blast to drive. its nothing like an other rc vehicle ive driven or flown before so i wunna say thanks to you all for getting me into this. Now, to my main question, my airboat weighs about 20-25 lbs and i have a homey 25cc with a 16x8 prop. does this sound heavy to others with a gasoline engine or am i in the ball park for weight?
[img][/img] note-this pic was taken before i installed the cage around the prop and i cleaned it up a bit too. tell me what yah think of it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74565.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	236817  
Old 03-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How heavy??

Good looking job you done there. 20- 25lbs is about avarage. I also see that you are turning a wood prop. Becareful, once they get wet it will start to fly apart. A good prop for what you have would be the MAS Classic.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:04 PM
BigGEOFF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How heavy??

thanks, but yeah i switched to a plastic prop after reading about the wooden ones in an earlier post