Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

WINDY with a .25

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 11:48 AM
BMX invasion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WINDY with a .25

I am building a dumas windy air boat, as big and heavy as it is how can a .10 move it? I have a OS LA .25 on a airplane and was wondering if it would work on the boat? It would be very powerful but thats fine. I am going to use a balloon fuel tank (a regular stopper with a balloon tied to it) because of how small the fuel compartment is. Should I use the keel because I would like to be able to drive it on grass and snow. How do they handle w/o the keel? I have heard that some people don't use the keel while others do. I have never built a air boat before so I don't know how they handle with a keel and ware should the CG be located.
later Zach
Old 07-01-2005, 02:05 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: WINDY with a .25

I run my Windy with a .10. Big mistake. A .15 is a good engine for this boat and it would probably take a .20 but I wouldn't go larger than that. It will run well on grass and snow without the keel but a keel is needed for running on water.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:45 PM
dadkins

I think you should try the .25 - I always like em a little overpowered. You just have to teach your trigger finger when enough is enough.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:38 PM
BMX invasion

What do I do about prop clearance for the deck. The props I have are two blade and will be to big so should I go with a 3 blade. Will the extra thrust help or should I go with a smaller low pitch prop and not load the engine up much? one more thing when painting it should I paint it first then seal it in epoxy or epoxy it first then paint it?
later Zach
Old 07-01-2005, 08:50 PM
BMX invasion

Theirs a lot of F#$*!IN sanding on this thing[sm=bananahead.gif]. The pretty sides are a real killer. I'm done most of the sanding and covered in spruce, birch, and mahogany dust but it's all worth it it's pretty cool looking with the angeled sides.
later Zach