Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Project Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Josh222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Help

I am building an air boat for a school project and need a little help with prop and spinner. Not sure what to get. I have ordered a GWS ICS300 esc and 300 motor. I have 75mhz radio gear and 8cell 2/3A batt packs. I believe i need a pusher prop but not sure what will fit the motor i ordered. Thanks for any help you guys can give me
Old 12-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Montague

Default RE: Project Help

You might have better luck on the electrics forums or even the boat forums.

That said, since you mention a pusher prop, I assume you're setting things up in a pusher direction? Electric motors are funny. While they usually run in the "normal" direction, if you get one designed to work in a gear-drive setup, it will actually turn in the reverse direction. So you'd use a "normal" prop in a pusher, and a pusher prop if the motor was facing forwards.

It sounds like you are running direct drive, since you didn't mention a gear box. Are you using a prop adapter or does the motor have a 3mm threaded shaft?

Unfortunatly, I don't have any experience with the size motor you mention running direct drive, so I can't really give you much help on prop size. However, from memory and based on things I've read in the past, I think you sould be looking at props in the 5" range. Electric motors will run with a pretty wide selection of props though. They just draw more or less current to do so. If you put on too big of a prop, the motor can overheat and be damaged. Smaller props won't hurt the motor, they just won't move enough air. Since it sounds like you are putting together the power system on your own, guess on the small side and buy and try a selection of props and see what runs best in your application.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:42 PM
boatman1

Default RE: Project Help

Ok heres a few ideas, a 7 inch prop or smaller
You need a prop adapter for direct drive or you could use
a gear box drive
Heres a link to prop adapters , you need to know what size shaft
the motor has & get the right one for it

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=++&search3=Go