Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Dumas Swamp Buggy help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Tommy gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dumas Swamp Buggy help!!

Any 2ch. land transmitter will do fine like this traxxas one for example.

On ebay you can get a great deal on servos receivers and transmitters

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXTG62&P=7:D
Old 01-31-2007, 08:20 PM
rickburnout666

Hi Tommy and Jeff, I have that radio set up, its good and 3 channel, great if you want to add another function, i got my set real cheap here in the UK, yes any 2 or 3 channel surface radio set up would be ok, and it looks like all the control rods/linkages are already set up, so setting the servos should be easy .
Old 01-31-2007, 09:48 PM
ForkliftJeff

Oh ya, the servo installation will be simple... once I get the gear. I still have to make a rudder but I should be able to make something out of some sheet metal or something I have at work.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:51 PM
ForkliftJeff

Is there any radio equipment that I should stay away from?? I hate runaways and I can't swim. Ha ha.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:37 AM
ForkliftJeff

I was looking on a forum from my local hobby shop for a full radio system. This guy replied with this -"i have an avenger by airtronics 2 servo system for 55 bucks"- is that worth it? I asked him what was included with it. I'm just waitng for his reply. I think I found the same system on tower hobbies for $54. What do you guys think??
Old 02-01-2007, 10:51 AM
rickburnout666

Hi, i dont know these systems but i had a look on tower hobbies, and found a better known brand (FUTABA)for a better price. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXGRM7**&P=ML
there are also pistol style sets for only a few dollers more
Old 02-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Tommy gallagher

Futaba are very reliable radios. Personally i would go with a pistol grip just because its more comfortable and looks cool

Like this one for example http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=256986
OR
http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...futk08m_n.html
Old 02-03-2007, 06:15 PM
ForkliftJeff

So I've been firing it up everyday at work whenever I'm sick of working and it works great. But I think it's running too rich. It was running good and I was revving it up and its sounding good, but it seems to be puking out a lot of oil out the exaust, and then after a minute of running it wouldn't rev up as good and was starting to bog out. And actually I think it's leaking from everywhere, the carb, the head, the prop. I'm thinking I should rebuild it a little bit. What do you guys think?

And I was talking to my Dad and he said he still has the radio equipment for the boat. I'll have to get it from him and try it. Or else I'm probably gonna get the $55 deal from the hobby shop guy. He said it's all brand new with new batteries and everything.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:11 AM
rickburnout666

now you know the engine works ok, have you tried it with 5% nitro, or are you still running it on 30%, plus you might need a new glowplug as the one you are using is quite old ?
Old 02-04-2007, 12:56 PM
ForkliftJeff

I've just been using the 30% nitro that I have. I'm a little short of funds right now so I'm trying to spend as little as possible.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:37 PM
ForkliftJeff

It's been awhile since I last done any work on my swamp buggy. Been busy at work and sick with the flu. But I just got back from my Dad's house and while I was there was able to find the radio system that he originally used. Everything is there, I just hope it'll work. It's charging now.

It's a Kraft Sport Series radio, receiver, battery, 2 servos and charger. The charger charges both the radio and receiver batt at the same time, which is convenient. If it works. I think it will, the charger is warm and the charge lights came on.

Anybody know about these Kraft systems? I have no clue for charging time. And I guess that's all I need to know.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:02 PM
ForkliftJeff

Haven't done any work on the boat lately, but I did pick up a Kyosho Pulsar KR-2M AM Receiver, with two KS-88 servos. Free and works, can't beat that. Just need crystals and an extra transmitter. I got a Futaba Magnum Junior FP-T2PBKA for free with this stuff too, but when I put batteries in it and turned it on, the power gauge went below zero and i smelled burning. The batts were not in backwards so I don't know what went wrong.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Tommy gallagher

ORIGINAL: ForkliftJeff

Haven't done any work on the boat lately, but I did pick up a Kyosho Pulsar KR-2M AM Receiver, with two KS-88 servos. Free and works, can't beat that. Just need crystals and an extra transmitter. I got a Futaba Magnum Junior FP-T2PBKA for free with this stuff too, but when I put batteries in it and turned it on, the power gauge went below zero and i smelled burning. The batts were not in backwards so I don't know what went wrong.

This is what happnes when you get free stuff

they brake faster

jk man! how old is that TX unit