What is your usual radio servo set up?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!
View Poll Results: A poll
I get what's on sale.
22.22%
Same brand radio and servoes. Any brand.(please explain)
0%
Same brand radio and servoes. Same brand.(please explai
22.22%
I mix. (please explain)
55.56%
Radio is important but any servo will do.
0%
Servo is important but any radio will do.
0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

What is your usual radio servo set up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 12:07 PM
kd7oir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is your usual radio servo set up?

What is your usual radio servo set up? Please tell me why. I'm not looking for a ford and chevy thing but your opinion why you think your set up works best.
Thanks
Shawn
Old 02-09-2007, 12:26 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: What is your usual radio servo set up?

I use Futaba and Hitec servos. Both have done well. I size them based on the application. Throttle usually gets a standard servo, although sometimes I use a smaller servo. I size the rudder servo based on the size/speed of the boat/plane.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:59 PM
rickburnout666

I have different sets for different models , Traxxas, Acoms, Futaba and Hitec. Servos range from mini to 1/4 scale servos (large) and some with metal gears. for heavy steering, My airboat that i am building now, will be fitted with the Traxxas 3 channel RX and TX and using standard futaba servos, i might fit a servo saver to the steering servo because the big rudders take a lot of knocks fom the prop draft, and cross winds(I might use the metal geared one also??), the 3rd channel for if i use a spoiler to help level the boat at speed.
i get stuff on sale too
Old 02-11-2007, 10:29 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

I always use TQ3 radio ( via EBAY ) , with Hitec RX and Servos ( via Servocity ) ...
Reason - I like the third channel for a "just in case" and where I am located , 27 meg is not interfered with , get good clean signal ( 75 meg , have had issues with out on the water ) , is easily found ( TQ3's ) and usually cheap as well )
Hitec Rx and servos - ain't ever had a single problem , glitch , or anyting go wrong with one . Always use standard for throttle and 1/4 scale for rudder(s) .
For my water propped boats , I run a little different setup . I use hitec Tx, the rest stays the same , other than that , I DO use 75 meg for those ( even though I do get glitches once in a while - but ... thats what failsafes are for too )