Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

NFMABA SEMINOLE WINDS RC AIRBOAT RACE

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Lester Burch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NFMABA SEMINOLE WINDS RC AIRBOAT RACE

This Race is for ALL Rc Airboaters. There will be a race class for everyone. If you are planning to be here post or Email me.
Dates: Saturday 05/26/2007 - Monday 05/28/2007
Times: 9:00 am till.
We will be running a MABA Oval track and 130 ft. Drag Track.
Sat. timing for Oval & Drag.
Sun. will be Oval racing and on Mon. Drag racing.
1/2 A's to 86 cc Gasser's
Awards: Trophy for 1,2,3, Nitro & Gas

Old 03-19-2007, 06:25 AM
asmithnc

Default RE: NFMABA SEMINOLE WINDS RC AIRBOAT RACE

ORIGINAL: Lester Burch

130 ft. Drag Track.
Very interesting. How will this be timed? Give us an idea how this will be ran. Will there be an acceleration run up before the start.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some members of, Cajun Gator Airboat racing club will be there, with may be a drag boat or 2.
In the past we have tried to help other organizations with tips and ideas on getting races and meets organized, only to get in return was bad mouthing and a stab in the back, due to this the MABA does not post this information, every one is welcome to attend or take part of, any of the MABA race/meets.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:08 PM
asmithnc

WOW! Your response really shocks me. Tell me, If I want to come to the North Flordia meet and try my hand at drag racing. How I am going to parctice / set-up a boat? It sounds very interesting and I think I have a boat ( your kit ) that will do just fine. This is the fastest recorded GPS'D .46 flat bottom around.

I ask a simple question in hopes to get a simple straight forward answer in return. There is NO info on any of your sites with info on the drag racing.

I see no bashing in the questions I have asked NOW or in the past. It just sounds like you would not like me to attend your meet.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

I'm just a little steamed, The MABA is working hard with trying to make something for the R/C Air Boater's, and it gets a little fustrating, when we try to help others including other organizations, by working the bugs out of organized airboat racing. It is not that the information is being used, its more that there is effort being put to knock down the MABA. We know that the only chance the airboats will have is if more get invovled with making it all work. Hopefuly there is some understanding about where I'm comeing from, when your hit below the belt, it makes you a little upset. Also never in any post I have made, in any way imply that you have done any bashing. I have implied that you do good work and making big steps in getting any kind of speed out of the airboats.
To answer your question, we are still working some of the bugs out of the drag racing, this is why there is not much of any information on it. We have tried a few things that we are not happy with. Hoping to have the lights and starting gates in place very soon, until then we are using a floating pad and starters flag.
FTR The main goal of the MABA is just like the Ole Cajun Lady said, "Lets Pass a Good Time" and race some Airboats.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Selph-Inflicted

Who are these other organizations that you keep referring to that your trying to help? You mention them but no names.
I'm finding that there are other organizations out there that are wanting to help the airboaters.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:40 PM
asmithnc

ORIGINAL: Mr Cajun Gator

To answer your question, we are still working some of the bugs out of the drag racing, this is why there is not much of any information on it. We have tried a few things that we are not happy with. Hoping to have the lights and starting gates in place very soon, until then we are using a floating pad and starters flag.
Thanks Hal, Thats all I wanted to know. Lights are expensive and flags and stop watches are the next best thing. Still thinking of hitting both the MABA and the RCAA in June.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Attending these races are a blast and worth the drive. There are a lot of open slots for the time and speed records.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:14 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

There are a lot of open slots for the time and speed records.

Not after I come down to MO and let you all see the backside of my canard running that modded 1.48 ....

( didn't chore momma teach you about watching out for the ones that stand quiet in the background at times ???? Watcha think I've been doing lately ????[8D] )
Old 03-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

I know just what your saying very much so Can't say if it will be built and tested before the race, but if it is look out I'm coming right on around ya!! The engine has been on the bench getting broke in, at the moment its turning a 11 x 9 at 18,000 looking for 23,000rpm's Started the break in with 30% nitro, not gonna do anymore breaking in until I get the 65% nitro fuel in. Not gonna say much more until its built and tested.
I would say that you have a good chance of out running me on the drag, but I think I'll take you on the oval track.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Just because you have called me out.
ORIGINAL: Selph-Inflicted

Who are these other organizations that you keep referring to that your trying to help? You mention them but no names.
I'm finding that there are other organizations out there that are wanting to help the airboaters.

I'm ready to race airboats!! No need in getting into a meaningless battle.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Selph-Inflicted

Hal wrote:
Just because you have called me out.

ORIGINAL: Selph-Inflicted

I'm ready to race airboats!! No need in getting into a meaningless battle.
I was not calling you out and not wanting to start a disturbance. I was simply asking a question, but looks like I got the same treatment Andy did when he asked a question. I've talked with a few organizations and they are showing some interest in rc airboats. I was just curious as to whom you had been speaking with and what organizations you were assisting. I know its not RCAA due to the fact that none of the Board of Directors have been contacted from the MABA about any manner(s), just curious as to whom you've been talking to since you didn't mention anyone by name.

I know of an organization that is willing to take the airboaters onto their insurance and there are about 7 locations (if I remember correctly) dedicated to boat racing, located throughout the US that the airboaters would have annual access to hold meets at, with the necessary timing equipment. But since it seems you still want to be aggressive about things....I'll just keep that info to myself. Sorry I asked you a question, I'll refrain from that in the future.

You know, I was actually planning on coming up to the NFMABA meet and racing some boats, its just a few hours north of me. Ask Lester, I contacted him the other day inquiring info on the event so I could prepare for it. But if this is the attitude that is going to be present.....I'll just take my boys to our pond that weekend and run.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

I have the gasser that just may take the #1 place. This boat has super control and is on the quick side. 27cc GPS at 30.7mph. It has so much control that I was able to drive the boat with one hand and while makeing a vid with the other hand. [link=http://m-ab-a.com/Gallery/albums/Cajun_Gator/27cc.wmv]One handed driving vid[/link]
Could not run WOT, it was too hard to see what was happening through the little window on the back of the camera.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk28243.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	649115  
Old 04-17-2007, 12:44 AM
hdking46

live in cocoa ,fl would like to attend.. dont own airboat may in future. need location and directions please?[8D]
Old 04-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Lester Burch

I will be posting directions soon. The race will be between Gainesville & Ocala the exact spot depends on water levels of the ponds. All water levels are going down we need more rain.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

At the Missouri MABA race I was able to place a over all top speed record of 48.7mph and it was a great feeling to see this speed. Today I was out running Santa's Sled with the GPS, I reached a speed of 59.4mph. I'm hoping by the time this race gets here, I will be able to get this speed again, but I'm looking to set a new record at 60+mph.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:57 PM
DONS BOAT WORKS
My Feedback: (3)

Looking good Hal
Old 04-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Did more tuning today. Broke the 50mph mark with the 59.4mph run, today the 60mph mark has been broke, I'm now looking for the 70mph mark.

Old 04-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

[link=http://cajungatorairboats.com/Gallery1/outrigger/outrigger65]This link will take you to the vid[/link]
Sorry about the other link, both will get you to the vid, this one will get you there quicker.

(Sorry - had to remove link to second slower link due to complaint about profanity - Justaddwata)
Old 04-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Sorry that it sounded so harsh, I will try and pay more attention to the spectator's comments. Some times when a Cajun gator is seen for the first time, a choice word or two slips and comes out. Sorry, to who ever was offended.
ORIGINAL: Mr Cajun Gator

[link=http://cajungatorairboats.com/Gallery1/outrigger/outrigger65]This link will take you to the vid[/link]
Sorry about the other link, both will get you to the vid, this one will get you there quicker.

(Sorry - had to remove link to second slower link due to complaint about profanity - Justaddwata)
Old 05-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Lester Burch

The Race will be at Tuscawilla Park in Ocala Fl.
NE Watula Ave. West Pond between NE 9th St. & NE 5th St.
We will be set to set some new records for RC Airboats and the M-AB-A. Timeing for oval will be with a lap timer hooked to a PC. Top speed will be with Two GPS units just in case someone does not believe the first is right and will be video
Old 05-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

This meet is looking good, I was contacted by phone and email, by Airboating Magazine, I was told over the phone that we may get a full page artical, about R/C Airboat racing and the MABA organization,

If your looking to get your boat in a magazine, this may be your chance.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Mr Cajun Gator

It was a really great time, thanks to all of the drivers there. We set a few new time records and one new speed record. The new MABA speed record is 57.6mph, I was a little sad that I could not get the 65mph that I did before the meet. To get a speed record with the MABA you must be able to do it on demand, too bad all the lucky runs don't count.
Airboating Magazine was there, taking photos and getting information for their artical on RC airboats. Your gonna have to get a copy of their magazine in July to see what all is in the artical.
I came home with a 2nd place trophie and my girlfriend took home a 1st place, and let me tell you, a 11 hour trip home of ribbing, from her was not nice...LOL. Guys don't let the wife or the girlfriend whoop up on ya with the airboats, they will let you have it.
We had a really fun time, thanks Lester for hosting this race.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:20 AM
asmithnc

Congrats: sound like you guys had a great meet. Even thou the speed record wasn't 65+ you should be proud of the 57.6mph. Any chance you got a vid of it.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Thanks, but when you have a boat that you know will do 65mph maybe even 70mph and only get 57mph its a little fustrating, but that is just how it goes sometimes with these boats. Maybe by the time of the next meet I will figure out just what I overlook and set a better record. For a airboat 57mph is great, for a hydro its quick, not fast.
Did not get vids.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.