Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Looking for freeplans for Small Glow Power

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 12:03 PM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for freeplans for Small Glow Power

..Hi I`m wondering if anyone has plans for a little airboat..I `ve got a few engines 0.061" ,0.074"Norvels & a 0.100" O.S. .I can scale the plans myself. I just don`t know what length of a Boat to make.Is there a " RULE OF THUMB ",maybe ,for Length / Weight / Power?? There is still a little snow around here, and I`m thinking this might be fun to Give a try.. I also have Micro Gear..Thanks... Oh, and I don`t have any pusher props so She has to pull..
Old 03-30-2007, 05:45 PM
rickburnout666

Default RE: Looking for freeplans for Small Glow Power

Hi i have plans for a couple of airboats , I`ve never used them myself , i designed my airboat different to other airboats
If you want the plans for the others, PM me with your email address and i`ll email them back to you,
heres my boat build so far.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5220872/tm.htm
Old 03-30-2007, 05:55 PM
D Bronk

Pm coming Rick .I`ll give your thread a Reading.. this eve.. I see that Balance has to paid attention to also..I`ve got different materials I can use ,so we`ll see what I can come up with once I Read up on these models a little.. Thanks
Old 03-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Tommy gallagher

D Bronk i have plans for a round nose hydro if you want go here they are pdf format http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=34058 the hull is 19 3/4 in lenth it was meant for a brushless setup which i will try later on. There is also a big sister nitro "misstake". but you said you can scale it to whatevr size you want so that should not be a problem.\

The plans are for the hull only the rest you have to figure on your own like the motor mount of your choice because i dont have any plans for that.

Thats if you want it
Old 03-30-2007, 10:02 PM
D Bronk

Rick ,Thanks for the Drawings I`ll most likely build something like that..

..Tom I am very attracted to the plan you have there.Reason is I have a 13.5`Tarantula, Tunnel hull at full scale ,with a 90H.P. Mercury Outboard.. The model you have looks remarkabley similar ..I saved your pdf,,for the future..

My big Question Now is ,What kind of a length should I build the Dumas Boat for the 0.100" O.S. LA,and I quess it is obvious, like Aircraft ,the lighter the Better..I going to Browse through the Threads ,and try to educate myself a bit ..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30281.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	653285   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19012.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	653286  
Old 03-31-2007, 08:43 AM
Cajun Bill

Try Cajun Gator's site he has free plans for a 24" boat
Old 03-31-2007, 10:24 AM
saleens7

ORIGINAL: D Bronk

Rick ,Thanks for the Drawings I`ll most likely build something like that..

..Tom I am very attracted to the plan you have there.Reason is I have a 13.5`Tarantula, Tunnel hull at full scale ,with a 90H.P. Mercury Outboard.. The model you have looks remarkabley similar ..I saved your pdf,,for the future..

My big Question Now is ,What kind of a length should I build the Dumas Boat for the 0.100" O.S. LA,and I quess it is obvious, like Aircraft ,the lighter the Better..I going to Browse through the Threads ,and try to educate myself a bit ..
here are some plans

http://www.rc-airboats.com/gallery/v...-Airboat-Plans

although there are no plans for this one, it might interest you since you have a round nose hydro

http://www.rc-airboats.com/gallery/v...album12&page=1
Old 03-31-2007, 11:05 AM
D Bronk

Thanks for the links Guys ..I don`t have time to Read right now ,But I still wanted to thank everyone for giving me some attention.. I`ll pick something to build and Let everyone know what I decide on .. Have a Good Day .. Remember, I have 0 experince with these kinds of Models..It appears simple enough but you know what they Say about apperances.. LOL
Old 03-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Selph-Inflicted

[link=http://www.rcairboats.net/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=15&sid=7db5c30defe0aeeabdf8908ea40ea0f7]Click here for some other plans.[/link]

Happy building and boating! [8D]
Old 04-01-2007, 05:44 AM
rickburnout666

I think choosing what you want to build will be the hardest part of the build, many different styles , so its not an easy choice to make[sm=confused.gif][sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 04-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this is your first build keep it simple, there are a few different styles, some are hare to build and don't work well, some even look super sharp, but looks don't make it run well. A simple flat bottom will give you enjoyment of building and running, they are also not as hard to tune in. Good luck[8D]
This boat has been built with good results. [link=http://cajungatorairboats.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=54&sid=d89179480839bab81cdd1f44ed663aef]Simple flat bottom plans[/link]