Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

ahhh bloody air boats lol

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 03:54 PM
vamp131

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ahhh bloody air boats lol

Hi got my new boat from the usa thought great stuck an old engine onto it tried it and it went very fast thought great then stuck my good engine on it took it off my tank boat!!

then i got problems noticed that the back of the hull was cracked opened it up as that where the fuel tank was

it was leaking so out it came cleaned out the hull a few buckets of nice hot water with washing liquid in it did the job!

then i put fibre glass resin in the hull after i pinned it back together worked fine

then put a fuel tank up top behind the engine took it out my god it had double the power then i got home looked at it the prop had half an inch between it and the hull the engine must have been going that fast the prop had started to dig a hole in the wooden hull see pic

So I put two half inch blocks of wood under each side of the engine mount to give it an inch clearance now the thing is top heavy had it out today seemed to tilt when i was turning it

I have tried a 3 blade prop but it did not have that much power im using a 10" prop at the mo think its a ten by 6

it works fine but I never thought a wee 40 rmx engine could make a prop grow by more than half an inch must be going rather fast to do that the boat is meant to run on a 60 my god it be like a bullet if it did and don't think i be able to control it

but its great i have a real air boat now that is fantastic

Fixed it moved the engine back down fuel tank up top seems to make it a bit top heavy think it mite tip over got to get engine tuned again as i took off my fuel filter as it was a bit mucky yip dirt went into carb silly me here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tUmsZga35E

UP date fuel tank up top made it a bit top heavy I have now fitted a 16oz tank in the hull hopefully this one not leak filled the hull with resin so it should be okay i have fitted a 2oz tank up top so 16oz tank and the 2oz tank 18oz fuel should give me a good run time try it tomorrow bought a telescopic fishing pole its 14foot that should get it back in lol will post a film thanks every one for your thoughts
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25101.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	675397   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12477.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	675398   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41436.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	675399   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pi16703.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	675400   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lw19260.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	675401  
Old 04-30-2007, 06:45 PM
RS 38-40
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: ahhh bloody air boats lol

Your prop is not growing . Your engine stand is flexing forward letting your prop touch the deck or you may have something comming loose or unglued .
Old 04-30-2007, 07:37 PM
DONS BOAT WORKS
My Feedback: (3)

I too think your engine mount is flexing, you need a stronger engine mount.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58545.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	675532  
Old 04-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll 3rd that on the engine stand.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:02 AM
vamp131

Thank you I will take off the extra bits make it same size it did try and eat a bush at the side of the canal that would not have helped

now think to myself why did i glue on the extra wood this be fun getting it off thank you for your help kind regards stewart
Old 05-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You mat be able to make some type of support from the top bolts of the fire wall engine mount to the top rear of the base plate. This may help the plate from bending or flexing. Like the bracket that is now in the center, make something like that on each side. Your best bet would be to make a stand like what Don has on his post.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:18 AM
rickburnout666

I dont think its the mount flexing ,its probably the deck flexing where the mount fixes to the deck area ? but i could be wrong as bush as caused a bit of trouble before I just want to make myself clear, I wasn`t talking about George,