RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Cajun Gator Fun Run

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cajun Gator Fun Run

The buoys are set
Looking like this is gonna be a great race, we have drivers from beginners to experianced. races will be classed by boat size/style and skill level. The Class for the hardcore drivers, will be Bill, Chuck, Tim, Joey, Harold, and myself, racing 3+hp gassers( there will more than likely be a little rubbing here and there. This class is very closely matched, fast boats, good drivers, will make for exciting races. In the ladies class so for, it will be Doshie, Ronie, Gwen and Jenny. Drew planning to be there with his twin G26 gassers. Frank will race his twin .46 nitros. Lester still is not sure on which boat he's gonna race, either a 27cc gasser or a 41cc gasser. Robert planning to race his 1.60 nitro. We have a few beginners getting introduced to rc airboat racing.
I'm very much looking forward to meeting a few new guys and racing. Anyone that is not sure if there skill is enough to race, come on over, bring your boat. You may just find that you have just what it takes to have a good time.
There is also a couple of guys that are wanting to have a jumping contest. I don't know for sure just yet, but, i may just build a floating ramp, and have this contest for the last event.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:01 AM
jay863fl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha floating ramp, you GOTTA get us some vids of that. Good luck guys, Im sure all will have a blast. And take lots of pics for us guys that cant make it.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Local guy here, Chucky has been getting in his practise on the jumps. He is useing wakes from boats, 10"to12" and getting lots of air time. He is going to be hard to beat, I will try and get some pics of this 21lb boat getting airtime. He is planning to build the ramp for the meet, hoping he gets time, only a week to go.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

weekend was a blast!!!! We had 17 drivers racing .25nitro's up to 41cc gassers. Many new records have been set. I will get into more detail later, and there will be pics posted, even have vids. We did have a jumping contest thingy. I think steve may have won, with his jump doing a barrow roll, he got lots of air time, pleanty in hight, toping off with the barrow roll. I think with more practice he can do some nice free style jumps. Have vids, but they are needing to be converted for uploading on the net.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

some pictures have been posted [link=http://m-ab-a.com/Gallery/Fun_Run07]Fun Run Gallery[/link]
More will be posted as they come in.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Lester Burch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to say if you missed the Cajun Gator Fun Run you missed a great race.
I would also like to congratlate Steve Duhon our 15 year old racer from LA. for taking 1st. place,2rd & 3rd place goes to Roni & Tim Fulwood from FL.
It was great to see all ages of Airboater there, we had 17 that raced their boats.
The next race will be in North Florida in Oct. the MABA finals