Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Cajun Gator Fun Run

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cajun Gator Fun Run

Cajun Gator Airboats and the MABA will host another race/meet Aug. 10th 11th 12th 2007 Located in Jeanerette La. 70544 hwy 90 east. The race/meet is for RC airboats, all airboaters are welcome to join in on the fun.
Races will be:
4 boat 5 lap oval heat race
Double "M" rodeo race
"8" rodeo race
The rodeo races are timed races.
More information on this race will be posted.
Open water Aug. 10th 10:00am
heat races Aug. 11th
Rodeo Races Aug. 12th
Drivers meeting 8:00am Races start at 9:00am Sat. and Sunday
[link=http://m-ab-a.com/page2.html]Member Application[/link]
Old 06-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Lester Burch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cajun Gator Fun Run

The north Florida MABA will be there . Its looks likes the M-AB-A has set the ground work for this new type of racing for R/C Airboats. There is going to be Double "M" rodeo and "8" rodeo race . The NFMABA will host a local rodeo race this weekend to start getting ready for LA.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Information on the Rodeo and heat races.
[link=http://m-ab-a.com/page11.html]M.AB.A Race rule/regulations[/link]
The rodeo race is a blast, you have the track by yourself, so no worry about hitting or getting hit by another boat, its a race of skill and knowing your boat.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:32 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Just curious ... ( sorry , but not that I could go down to this )

But , what happens in the engine class , say , if your running twin 40's ( nitro ) ?
Are you in class A ( as for a single 40 ) or class B ( totally cc's equaling 80 cc's ) ?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

it would go by total cc's. Its too bad though because for a example, my twin .46 nitros can not keep up with my .90nitro. But the twins sure do sound great and handle super.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Lester Burch

NFMABA ran the Double "M" rodeo and "8" rodeo race last weekend and everyone love the new track. We will be ready for the race in LA.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Selph-Inflicted

The "8" racing seems interesting. I bet it can get a bit "hairy" also. Some "nerf bars" could come in handy.

Good luck with your Fun Run!

We'll be looking for vids of this style racing. Keep us posted.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:52 AM
Lester Burch

The Figuer 8 and M race is a timed run one boat on track only.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Selph-Inflicted

Thanks for the info Lester!

You guys every think about a "demolition" figure 8 race with multiple boats racing? That could be very interesting.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Even though we have a great time with the race/meets, we do take it serious. A lot of work is going into making rc airboats something worthwhile and respectable. Many hours go into building and tuning the airboats so that they run at their best, so we do not intentionally crash them. At times with the heat racing we do have mis-haps and the boats sometimes need to be repaired.
The M.AB.A is family oriented, and is a great way to do a little something together. Even after getting ribbed by the GF when should took 1st and I took 3rd at the NFMABA race/meet, its still a blast. Guess I'm gonna have to make sure that I take 1st at the fun run, cause let me tell you, when the girlfriend wins a plaque that is 3 times the size of yours, she is gonna let you know all about it. having a good time racing RC airboats with the family, it just don't get any better.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Lester Burch

quote:

You guys every think about a "demolition" figure 8 race with multiple boats racing? That could be very interesting.

Owner, "Selph-Inflicted RC Airboats"
Board of Directors / RCAA (Radio Controlled Airboat Association)

NO THANKS WE WILL LEAVE THAT FOR THE rcaa

It is time to stop this Kids stuff on these forums this is no place to do that. We need to build RC AIRBOATING, not tear it down. It is not between the M-AB-A or the RCAA its between you Chris and Hal and these forums are not the place to bring that up. it needs to be offline.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Selph-Inflicted

Lester wrote:
"It is time to stop this Kids stuff on these forums this is no place to do that. We need to build RC AIRBOATING, not tear it down. It is not between the M-AB-A or the RCAA its between you Chris and Hal and these forums are not the place to bring that up. it needs to be offline."

I'm not trying any "kids stuff", I come in peace. My interest is in promoting the rc airboats right along with the family fun. Just because there are multiple organizations for rc airboats does not mean that anyone is better than the other, or that they can't coincide with each other. Look at how many water propped organizations there are. The same goes for the forums.

My comment was not meant in any hostility, embarrassment or to degrade anyone. After seeing the figure "8" rodeo race comment, the thought of that style of racing popped in my mind. Every see the figure 8 racing with stock cars? I and others have thought, in the past, about "Battle Boats." Build something that is designed for the demolition. I know first hand the time and money spent on the rc airboats and would not subject any one of my boats that I spent time on to destroy. But, I could construct something that is designed to take some abuse or deflect it. And I believe, in my opinion, that a demolition figure 8 course could be fun, similar to what they do with bomber stock cars.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Herschell
Banned

Geez! bite the guys head off. It seemed a logical question about 'demolition derby' racing, why the harsh words? Demolition racing existsfor older cars, why not older boats as well? I understand that these boat cost money to make and sustain, but wouldn't that also be true of the 'combat warship' section, here at RCU? I have seen videos of the battles, boats sunk etc. Obviously someone is willing to chance loosing an investment for the fun of it.

I must also admit to being new here, so what is this 'kids stuff' to which you refer? Some sort of feud, I take it? It would seem, Mr Burch, that you are very much a part of it, and therfore guilty of the very thing for which you are accusing another. Why feed the fire? Be the bigger man, ignore it.

Herschell
Old 06-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Lester Burch

I have ignore it for a long time and it does not seem to stop.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

The track, race rules and regulations have been updated. [link=http://m-ab-a.com/page11.html]rules and regulations[/link]
Pre register on or before Aug.10 $5.00 per boat. register Aug.11th $10.00 per boat
Old 06-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Mr Cajun Gator

The "M" Rodeo track

and the Figure "8" Rodeo track

The rodeo races are a blast and challenging, with just a little pratice you will be ready.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

working on getting prizes for the top driver.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:34 PM
jay863fl

Is the M rodeo the same as an offshore, but mirrored? That looks like a fun course.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Mr Cajun Gator

Yes, but only in shape. The offshore race with the water prop rc boats, is a race that is set up with different sizes, depending on the size of pond or lake the race is being hosted in. With the MABA "M" there is a standard track size and placement for the bouys. [link=http://m-ab-a.com/page11.html]MABA Race/Track Regulations[/link]
Old 07-04-2007, 02:12 PM
jay863fl

I see, so while theirs may differ in size, yours stays constant. Thats better I would think, would suck to set up for one course only to find out the dimensions have changed.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

It does make some difference, to have one track set up with the turns 50' apart then get out and race with the turns at 130'. Since the airboats its all about timeing the turns.
For you guys that are going to be racing the water rudder class, I have been out running the sport hydro 3 point .46 size, and let me tell you, it makes WOT turns with out a second thought. Having the engine somewhat forward on the hydro's works so much better than having the engine mounted on the transome, then with the doubled engine stand legs, no need to worry about getting hit and breaking the legs. Super lite, fast and strong. Maybe one day we can have a 3 point sport hydro blow out.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:49 PM
jay863fl

Wow, I like the sounds of an airdriven 3 pointer, do you have any pictures of that? Not that racing flat bottom hulls wouldnt be a blast, but that seems to be more what I am looking for.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:35 PM
asmithnc

ORIGINAL: Mr Cajun Gator
with the doubled engine stand legs, no need to worry about getting hit and breaking the legs.
Will your engine stand legs hold up to a 40+ mph hit. Let's hope one of your boats don't take a direct hit. Good luck on the Fun Run
Old 07-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Yes I have already taking a direct hit on the engine stand from a 17lb boat running near 30mph. but this was a gasser, inwhich they are built stronger than the .46 size boats. I have also had the twins take a direct hit from a 23lb boat [link=http://m-ab-a.com/Gallery/albums/NFMABA/Last_man_standing.wmv]vid of a few hits[/link] neither of these 2 mis-haps did the engine stand show any sign of damage. These boats were built with a little extra on the stands. There is something that I'm willing to try on one of the smaller boats, I have a Cajun Dragon in the shop that does not have the cage or the engine mounted on it. This boat is built lite weight, it is design for the .25 nitro 1/8" frames and skinned with 1/16" the legs have most of the wood removed, to get rid of some excess weight. If I was to set my mercury mountaineere on top of it, would this show enough on just how strength the stand has?
I only stress about the strength of the engine stand for one reason, "Safety" I have seen engines breaking off, its nothing nice more so if someone happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.
laminating another ply with the grains 90* to each other, only takes a few minutes.
Things happen, only thing we can do is to try and prevent it.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Lester Burch

I have seen Mr. Gator’s Boats get a direct hit at the first NFMABA Race. All the boats finished the event with no engine stand failure.
At this time I only build Gasser Airboats all my engine stands are metal. I just like my boats to look as close to a real airboat as they can. We will have some new model boats at this race to try out.
The main thing is to have FUN at this race and i know we will.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.