Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

61 engine glow plug and prop

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:59 PM
vamp131

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 61 engine glow plug and prop

Hi Guys fitted a 61 wow it is fantastic apart from my glow plug only lasted 2 runs lol it was an 8 what is the best to use on a asp 61 and I have a 11 by 6 prop think i could get a 12 by 6 on it whats the best prop to use I tried an 10 by 7 3 blade but not as good as the 11 by

okay I have ran it and it is a 11 by 8 and a 12 by 8 seemed to slow down with the 12 but think i mite be over revving it with the 11 as i have went thro a few glow plugs and they were brand new!!

here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFvJtoLi3GA

this is what i have to do when it stops lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjitmXxyHPE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82817.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	697764   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74927.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	697765   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95211.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	697766   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pi17117.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	697767  
Old 06-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 61 engine glow plug and prop

I have very good luck with the 11 x 7. The 11 x 6 may be letting the engine turn up too many R's, making the engien run lean and burning the plugs.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Selph-Inflicted

I agree also...the 11x6 may be a bit small for the 61. Try the 11x7 or 11x8.

Any chance of any video? [8D]
Old 06-05-2007, 06:30 PM
vamp131

Thank you Gator you should start making hulls again I want one lol

I have bought a 12by 8 give that a go lol seemed to over rev with the 11 by 8 see how it runs I have got a Irvin 40 that is a very sweet engine and if I had one of your hulls it would make it perfect i have your plans but not that good at woodworking not got the tools be fine if i made it out of glass but it would sink and be very funny if i crashed it lol
Old 06-05-2007, 07:15 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

the "GATOR" man is ALWAYS making hulls ... ( none better , I might add - ask anyone )

[link=http://cajungatorairboats.com/index.html]Cajun Gator Airboats[/link]
Old 06-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

ORIGINAL: vamp131

Thank you Gator you should start making hulls again I want one lol
FTR. I have been none stop with building the airboats, with new designs and sizes.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:12 PM
vamp131

Hi Mr Gator sorry for the slow reply making a new boat lol or trying to!

I emailed you months ago and you said you were no longer selling diy kits for boats I didn't mean you were not making them your hulls are fantastic and i want one but as i live in scotland a kit would be better as i have engines and rc gear just not a good hull to put it onto

You have e mailed me before with your boat plans but im no good with wood not got the tools to work it sorry about the misunderstanding kind regards stewart
Old 06-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Herschell
Banned

A question for Mr Gator:

Can we see some of these new designs? All I have seen from your posts here are flatbottoms, and a 3pt hydro. Are there more? Would love to see them. Thanks.

Herschell
Old 06-06-2007, 04:42 PM
vamp131

hi tried a 12 by 8 no good ran too slow put the 11 by 8 went great then cut out still burning up plugs tho got very wet feet getting it back here it is with a 11 by 8 prop on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFvJtoLi3GA

still got to tune the engine do that next see how it runs

the water was freezing but even if i had to swim i was getting it back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3avZzrvlug
Old 06-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Selph-Inflicted

Thanks for sharing the video! Looks like someone was having some fun!!!
Congrats on your build!!

If you run a 12" prop....try a 12x5 or 12x6.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

ORIGINAL: Herschell

A question for Mr Gator:

Can we see some of these new designs? All I have seen from your posts here are flatbottoms, and a 3pt hydro. Are there more? Would love to see them. Thanks.

Herschell
The pictures that you look at on here may all look to be the same in design, inwhich they are not. The basics are the same, but when you go from a .25 nitro engine to lets say a 27cc gasser, Looking at the 2 boats they look exactly the same, but when you take a closer look, you will see that the rakes are very different, the angle of the sides are very different, the blance points are very different. With many other things that are different. I will not go into detail about the difference. Maybe the word design is being confussed with the word style. I have different styles of boats, but prefer to keep the post on the traditional style of airboat. The outrigger hydro was built for only one reason and that was to show that high speeds can be reached with a air prop boat. The out rigger has been put aside so that I could get back to building and designing more of the flatbottom style boats. I have done tunnel styles, "V" styles and a couple of other different bottom styles, bottom line, models are to reproduce what is used in the full size world.
From the way that the question was ask, it is hard to tell if you are truely into the airboats or if your just trying to be a smart you know what, never the less I hope that your question was answered.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Herschell
Banned

The reason I asked, was to gain information. Whatever you read into the question, is your own problem. Since nobody seems to be able to ask you a simple question without getting a nasty response, I'll ask another ( just to see what happens).

You claim that the small differences in your boats constitues a new, unique boat, yet you bash another builder for claiming the very same thing. As I have studied some law ( required for the advertising degree I have) I do know some about copyright law. IF the small changes make a new unique boat, the other builder does have the law on his side, even without an actual copyright, as long as he is developing the model for production, or has been denied the copyright ( which may happen if there are others with near identical designs from their own separate origins. All of which must be decided in court.). This is exactly the same argument brought by the music industry about file sharing...and they won

So which way is it? I'll let you decide since you seem to lord over everything here. Are your boats new and unique? If yes, then the same applies to all other builders. If not then the same applies to you, and all you have is one type of boat. Which way is it?

Herschell
Old 06-07-2007, 04:45 AM
playtime56
My Feedback: (1)

I see that you have not seen many of Gator's boats. <http://cajungatorairboats.com/Gallery1/ > This link will take you to a gallery to see some more. Good luck in your continuing airboat hobby.
Gordy
Treasurer M.AB.A

Seems we are getting way off topic here. Sorry
Old 06-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Herschell
Banned

Gordy,

Took a look at the Cajun Gator site - had been there before. Again, all I see are flatbottoms, with very minor differences, like size and color. It's like saying a Ford PU is differnet than a Chevy PU or Dodge PU. Maybe arguable, but they are all still PUs. I found this at a differnt site. I think these are all the same builder. These are new and unique, and differnt from each other in radical ways (one exception, the two green ones are similar). I see pontoon style, catamaran (said to be solar powered electric), and flatbottom.

Does the Gator have anythinhg like these? Or are they all flatbottom?(1 outrigger)
Old 06-07-2007, 02:53 PM
playtime56
My Feedback: (1)

We need to quit hijacking this thread. Contact Gator, he'll show you pics.
Gordy