Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

electric dumas swamp buggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 11:00 PM
SFGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric dumas swamp buggy

Im looking to build the 28 by 10 dumas swamp buggy to be electric powered. Has anyone here built one of that size e-powered? Can anyone give any recommendations on what brushless motor size i should use and propeller? To begin im going to use 2 8-cell 1500mah battery packs wired in parallel but if the auw is to heavy, i will go to lipos. Also might someone know what the weight of it is minus the radio and motor? Any info is appreciated.

Tonio
Old 10-05-2007, 10:36 AM
mjderstine

Default RE: electric dumas swamp buggy

i have a dumas big swamp buggy and was looking to make it elec powered. is a 550 size motor too small for it?
Old 01-15-2008, 04:16 PM
djderstine

MJ,
I think a single 550 is going to be too small. Would you consider a tractor/pusher combo and using two 550s?

...or perhaps even a Graupner Speed 700 duo? You should have enough power with those.

What kind of batteries are you planning on using? NiMH, I assume... why not get two 6 cell packs at 4200mAh (one for each motor). Your runtime should be pleasantly extended with that combo.

Good luck and keep us posted with the progress.

DJ [&:]
Old 01-15-2008, 04:22 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJ766&P=ML This would probably do the trick. These kill 550's(I learned that in the car forums). Due to advanced timing though they only spin one way. Two would really get a dumas swamp buggy kicking.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:24 PM
mjderstine

thanks for the help guys,

i am going to buy the two 600's and place them in a pusher puller setup. is there a specific distance there should between the two propellers?