Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Jett 56lx hull swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 08:02 PM
crispyspa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jett 56lx hull swap

Got to throw some boats in the water over the 4th. Two of the boats had to endure a bit of surgery. We ran one boat, took speed measurements, and then swapped hulls to see the difference in hulls. Here is a video of the whole process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jt-jzcOJVg
Old 07-14-2015, 01:03 PM
Jeremy_H

I must see if Jett post abroad, they look like superb engines
Old 07-14-2015, 03:51 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy_H
I must see if Jett post abroad, they look like superb engines
I am sure Dub will ship outside of the states. All engines are made to order and are usually subject to a 2-4 week lead time for BSE engines and closer to 2-weeks for cast case engines. Be aware if you decide to get one of these engines - you need a good and solid test stand, a well balanced propeller, a bubble-less fuel tank, and a tachometer. These engines require more finesse to setup, break-in, and tune. Dub's instructions are very clear, so long as one follows those instructions, you'll have good luck. These engines blow most all other engines away in power and looks. 18,000rpm on a 10x6 from a 9cc mill is just crazy power. Roughly 2.5hp. [email protected] Omit the period between Jett and engineering. Damn spammers.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:47 AM
asmithnc

Great try guys. You still need 10.2 mph to beat me . With that long straight you had.... let her keep going. Might pick-up 3-5 mph per 200ft.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:00 AM
asmithnc

https://youtu.be/ZO-PAQTypMs
Old 07-15-2015, 06:15 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I'm gonna re-do the sponson profile on my hull and see if that makes a difference. I think the radius got knocked out of spec after I glued the sponson on and sanded the skins mating surface flat. I'm also going to change out the whole rudder assembly and probably change out the servos for some lighter ones. It needs to lose a little more weight and get that sponson profile perfect. My engine is still detuned a lot - it still needs to break-in more before I cut the final 1/2" off the header to get the prop turning 18,000rpm+. In the video crispy posted, the engine is running at 16,500rpm which is well below what the engine is capable of. We'll have a revisit next summer if not later this year.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:17 PM
crispyspa

Oh man Andy...The MS-54 boat is legend. Oh, by the way Andy, you happen to have any turn fins? After the engine swap I lost mine. I was so bummed.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:51 AM
asmithnc

Originally Posted by crispyspa
Oh man Andy...The MS-54 boat is legend. Oh, by the way Andy, you happen to have any turn fins? After the engine swap I lost mine. I was so bummed.
I'll see what I still have...