Windy airboat

Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Windy airboat

Old 10-21-2006, 10:04 AM
aceofspades991

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windy airboat

Do any of you guys own a dumas windy airbaot, I'm looking into buying one, My grandpa built one about 25 pls years ago and it's my dads now, it goes about 15 mph and has an O.S 15 in it. I'd like to build another that would be faster, Can u put something like an O.S LA 20 in it? Also, are they hard to biuld? and what would you say the end cost w/out the motor be for building?
Old 10-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Lamoilleriver

Default RE: Windy airboat

Hello, I built a Windy this pass spring and ran it all summer long. Had a blast with it. I used an old OS .20 FP for power, gave it plenty of giddy-up and go for this type of airboat. Runnig it with Master Airscrew 8x6 prop, this set-up barely clears the deck, would raise the pylon on the next one i build. If memory serves me correctly I paid about 55.00 dollars thru Tower hobbies for this kit and needed about another 20.00 dollars for paint and glue. Dumas has a reputation for lousy/poorly written instuctions, study the plans closely and read the instructions several times and it should turn out OK. Good Luck in your build and keep us posted of your progress.[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 11-07-2006, 04:21 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

Built a Windy a couple of years ago. Powered it with OS .10. not enough. Friend of mine built one with an OS .15 and it moved right along. I have the kit for another and a .15 so will try that. It's a nice little putter around type boat and runs very well even with the ten.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:45 PM
raamedicva

I am starting my build tomorrow. I just finished sanding all of the sub-par balsa. Make sure you take the time to read the directions. they are horrible at best, but if you take your time you will be able to figure it out. I am using a .25. I hope this will not over power it too much. Let me know if you have any questions. I will try to answer them as quickly as possible. This is not my first Dumas airboat, so I am used to the bad directions. Good luck on your build.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:24 AM
raamedicva

I just realized that I responded to a post from a year ago. OOPS.