Boogie Board airboat contest 4/15/08

Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Boogie Board airboat contest 4/15/08

Old 12-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boogie Board airboat contest 4/15/08

The M.AB.A will soon host a contest for the best RC Airboat Boogie Board. This contest will be open to every one. Rules and regulations will be on the M.AB.A website "ONLY" The winner will be pick by a pannel of judges, anyone interested in becoming a judge for this contest please contact me [email protected]
Judges will not be allow to inter the build contest.
At the moment 1st place builder award is $100.00 cash
The contest is free to enter.
"THIS IS A CONTEST TO PROMOTE THE RC AIRBOAT HOBBY ONLY"
If anyone is interested in helping out with making this a fun and fair contest, or if you have anything that you would like to donate towards the winners of the contest please also again contact me.
Thank You and best of luck to all who enter
Hal
Old 12-06-2007, 09:51 PM
jesupslanding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Boogie Board build contest

when does it start and when does it end
Old 12-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

it will start hopfuly with in the next week or 2. The rules and regulations are under construction as soon as they are complete the contest will start then will last for 3 months.
For the main part the boat that is entered into the contest "MUST" be from a store purchased "Boogie Board" ONLY.
I have seen many very good looking Boogie board airboats on this forum already, so I'm expecting that there will be many more to come.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:21 AM
Tommy gallagher

I assume the boogie board can either be glow or electric powered? Right

Correct me if im wrong, this contest is based on the looks of the boat, performance or all of the above?

I am very interested.

EDIT: How about second and third places are there any rewards. Or is it only the first place reward.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

It is a open contest, the power can be whatever the builder wants to use. The contest is for looks of the build, but the boat must have the ability to run under its own power.
We are working on trying to get more prizes and would like to have 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th places. It all depends on what is donated.
We are still working on the rules and regulations, trying to cover all of the loop holes, so that the contest is fair to every one.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Tommy gallagher

One more question! Are you gonna have to join the M.AB.A. forums in order to enter the contest. Or can you post the results and vid of the boat here.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

You do NOT have to join the MABA forums nor do you have to join the MABA organization. This contest is to promote the RC Airboat hobby ONLY. The contest and the boats will be on the main pages of the MABA website. It will NOT be posted in the MABA forums. This contest will only be posted in any forum to announce that there is a Boogie Board Build Contest.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

The contest Boogie Board build has started. [link=http://m-ab-a.com/page9.html]Rules and Regulations[/link]
Keep checking this page as rules and regulations may change. Hopefuly this will be a fun clean contest with out the need for rules being added or changed. Good luck to everyone and happy building.
For any questions or comments email [email protected]
Old 12-17-2007, 08:19 AM
slowstang88

i wish there were more cheap boogie boards in northern japan, i would build one!! can the board have its original shape changed? or only for engine/rudder mounting purposes only?
Old 12-17-2007, 09:36 AM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: mahogany dreams

i wish there were more cheap boogie boards in northern japan, i would build one!! can the board have its original shape changed? or only for engine/rudder mounting purposes only?

just wondering how much a boogie board cost there in japan
Old 12-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Tommy gallagher

Time to look for a board, if i could find one reasonably priced i will definitely build the boat. And add one heck of an outrunner.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

The board can be cut into any shape the builder wants, As long as it is from a boogie/body board and can be recognized as it being a boogie/body board.
If this contest goes with out anyone attemping to find a loop hole or anything else to get a unfair edge on others, then there will be more contest held. Other contest in the planning, for useing other building materials. As stated before, the MABA is looking to promote the RC Airboat hobby.
Anyone interested in racing RC Airboats and/or interested in joining the MABA please contact me by email.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:01 AM
slowstang88

ORIGINAL: wave waker

just wondering how much a boogie board cost there in japan

well, right nowyou cant find them except for surf shops which makes them hella expensive. Not to mention its cold right now, and theres about 20" of snow on the ground.....
Old 12-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Places that sell the boogie boards
http://www.662mob.com/shopping/morey...ash-p-134.html
http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/wh...ie-boards.html
http://www.poolcenter.com/beach_toys...each_games.htm
http://www.online-surf-shops.com/body-boards.php
Old 12-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Mr Cajun Gator

With it being winter time and Boogie boards being hard to find, the MABA has added snow boards to the contest. We are also considering to add the foamies to the contest.
One local hobby shops is putting together a prize package, once it is all together I will get it up on the site. I do not know yet what place this package will be for yet, nor what all will be in it.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:14 AM
L_J_Engineering

cant wait .. i might build if i am able
Old 12-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Mr Cajun Gator

Just added into this contest. One of the place prizes will be one year subscription of [link=https://airboatingmagazine.com/]Airboating Magazine[/link] The winners boat will also be published in Airboating Magazine.
For more information keep checking the [link=http://m-ab-a.com/page9.html]RC Airboat contest page[/link]
Good luck to all that enter.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Tommy gallagher

ORIGINAL: Mr Cajun Gator

With it being winter time and Boogie boards being hard to find, the MABA has added snow boards to the contest. We are also considering to add the foamies to the contest.
One local hobby shops is putting together a prize package, once it is all together I will get it up on the site. I do not know yet what place this package will be for yet, nor what all will be in it.

The addition of foamies, as in scratchbuilt depron foamie airboats. I say that would be a great idea, If you guys would allow a scratchbuilt built foamie airboat that would be fantastic, im not able to get a boogie board any time soon but foam i have lots of. I have a perfect contender to be entered, if ofcourse it will be ok with the contest rules.

Would it be a an issues if the boogie boards and scracthbuilt fomaie airboats would be judged side by side?
Old 12-28-2007, 08:58 AM
codtongue

you can order on on-line, I just did a quick search and found one for $14.95 at [link]http://beachstore.com[/link] they have all kinds
of kinds of boogie boards.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Mr Cajun Gator

It has been desided to keep the contest as boogie/body board, snow board build. Snow boards have been added because they are not all that much different from the body board and most places have replaced the snow board for the winter season.
At a later date the MABA will more than likely host another contest for the foamies.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:36 PM
L_J_Engineering

what a bout skim boards [sm=50_50.gif]
Old 12-28-2007, 01:17 PM
codtongue

I would think a skim board would be too heavy. My kids skim board are made out of 3/8 ply and I would guess their weight to be over 5 pounds. I'm sure they would run, but not to quick.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:04 AM
shaunmichaeljohnson

ORIGINAL: L_J_Engineering

what a bout skim boards [sm=50_50.gif]
sinky sinky[sm=drowning.gif]
no floaty floaty[]
shaun
Old 12-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Gober

Hi. I am new to RCU and i seen this post and i think i wll make me a Snow Board Airboat. I have a lot to learn about airboats. I see some nitro and some use gas for there airboat engines. I picked up a 42in. board at Kmart today so i can get stared. I will be calling for some help on some things i know. Good luck to everone in the contest it will be fun.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Mr Cajun Gator

Default RE: Boogie Board airboat contest 4/15/08

Update:
The 1st place praze of $100.00 cash is looking like it will be moved down to 2nd place prize. waiting on final word from one of the local hobby shops, its looking like 1st place will be a complete field box. Will give the value later, should be around $150.00 worth of feild grear supplies.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.